Supervisor, Engineering Ntwk Ops Ctr
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
- **This person may be located in Parsippany, NJ, Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA***
This position assists the Managers and Senior Manager, Network Operations Center, in overseeing the day-to-day activities of a Network Operations Center (NOC) shift necessary to ensure smooth operation of the network. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the NOC staff in order to provide surveillance and service/performance restoration of each network node to insure optimal service is provided to T-Mobile’s subscribers at all times. The Engineering NOC Supervisor will also provide team direction; prioritize workload and resources to meet objectives; proactively maintain the integrity of the network; develop both short and long term goals for their assigned group, coordinate the development of standards with their peers, develop and issue reports and notifications, and lead major network recovery efforts. An engineering NOC supervisor plays a catalyst role in building a strong team by utilizing routine coaching sessions and assisting with progressive career development progress, and establishing training requirements for their team in conjunction with the leaders of the NOC organization. The position interacts with market, regional and national departments planning/scheduling workload execution. A NOC supervisor promotes a healthy work environment and is the voice of the front line employee. The position requires a solid leader with good active listening skills and is ultimately accountable to both internal and external customers for the results his/her team delivers. This role is in a 7 × 24 facility, and does involve shift work.
Enterprise Core Competencies
T-Mobile is radically reshaping the wireless industry. This requires bold moves and bold leaders at all levels. Our competencies describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities that employees need for success.
- Customer focus
- Change and innovation
- Strategic thinking
- Relationship building and influencing
- Talent management
- Results focus
- Inspirational leadership
- 4+ years technical experience in telecommunications, wireless radio access networks, data systems, data networking, or mobile switching systems infrastructures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development, and negotiation skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level
- Working knowledge of overall network architecture and wireless principles call servers, media gateways, BSC/RNC/BTS/RBS/Node B/911 systems , WCDMA, LTE, and basic call flow.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, WAN/LAN principles, basic data base theory, IP Access, Wifi principles (Cisco), server cluster configuration, application support and architecture.
- Knowledge of Call Processing to include call tracing, billing, RF and SS7 principles
- Knowledge of Transport Systems to include DACs, SS7 & Telco Transport Systems (Optical and Electrical) such as OC-192/48/12/3, DS3 & T1s
- Basic knowledge of Power Systems to include equipment power requirements and Emergency Back Up Systems for data centers, MSOs, and base station sites.
- Understanding of the AAV network architecture.
- Leadership and coaching skills; fosters teamwork and cross-functional cooperation in order to create a positive work environment
- Ability to create and refine processes and procedures by applying critical thinking and objective analysis.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/activities, adapt to change, and refocus to recover quickly
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint; vendor-specific network navigation; T-Mobile s systems
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to work any shift in a 7 × 24 × 365 facility
Associates Degree. Technical Discipline
- Supervises day-to-day activities of NOC technicians (prioritizes workloads, resource planning, overseeing daily/weekly activities, approve time, etc.) to achieve Network Trouble Management (NTM) standards compliance and network reliability metrics (Service Level Agreement (SLA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), alarm recovery, system availability, etc.). Monitors quantity and quality of work performed by NOC technicians.
- Coaches and develops direct reports, fostering a team environment and a culture of excellence. Conducts ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (bi-weekly/monthly 1-1 coaching, periodic reviews, annual goal-setting, etc.). Promotes rewards and recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all T-Mobile policies and procedures including all internal NOC procedures. Audits and maintains integrity of operations-centric data in all engineering systems, including proper closure of tickets/tasks and work-log updates (InSite, Tech Ticket, One Console, etc.).
- Assists the manager and senior manager in managing overtime and ensuring that all work stations, displays, and applications, and the general NOC environment is maintained or faults are reported in a timely manner to the responsible teams, and follows up on the repair efforts. Actively participates and solicits input in identifying and eradicating inefficiencies and low value efforts (waste) in order to drive team effectiveness.
- Ensures NOC goals are met by prioritizing and managing projects with the other NOC and National Operations managers, market teams, Regional teams, FSC and vendors.
- Serves as escalation point for all NOC issues in the absence of the manager or senior manager while on shift and verifies relieving managers have the matter in hand when they go off shift. Maintains engagement even when off shift and remains aware of conditions affecting the NOC on a 7 ×24 basis unless on PTO or otherwise assigned.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top