Sr. WCS Developer, Software
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives.
- Experience in application architecture, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of web based application using Java.
- Experience with object oriented principles and concepts.
- 8+ years of experience in application development using WebSphere Commerce
- 8+ years of experience in various versions of WebSphere Commerce Version from requirements analysis through deployment and support.
- Deep hands-on experience in WebSphere Commerce subsystems – Trading, Catalog Management, Order Management, Member Management Sub-system, etc.
- Recommending improvements to existing WCS site implementation to take strong advantage of built-in WebSphere Commerce capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the WCS run-time framework, Struts, front-end components, WCS tag libraries, WCS EJB, and Web Services.
- Stron experience in developing and customizing REST services on WCS
- Experience installing Commerce fix packs, performing stage propagation, content management, and customizing catalog dataload.
- Experience in developing and customizing WCS promotions
- Strong database development with SQL, solid understanding of relational database technologies preferably with Oracle, and data modeling
- Experience packaging and deploying Java applications using WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in BOD framework customization
- Experience in SOLR customization.
- Experience in data modeling and using Dataload utility for loading Data in WebSphere Commerce
- Experience in customizing CMC
- Strong familiarity writing unit tests with JUnit is preferred.
- Having worked in an Agile methodology strongly preferred
- Strong familiarity using GIT for source code management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in building WebSphere Commerce applications using WCBD is preferred.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Work in a fast paced Agile software development model in a DevOps setting
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize departmental Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide support on production outages.
- Contribute to and work to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by providing updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top