Sr Technician, Switch
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position monitors the day-to-day switch activities necessary to ensure smooth operation of the network. Coordinates and provides guidance on the daily activities of the switch staff in order to maintain the performance of the network insure optimal service is provided to T-Mobile’s subscribers at all times. Assists in the responsibility for mentoring and developing more technicians in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Candidate must possesses the drive and ability to take on technical and project-related escalations, serve as a leader of a switch environment and providing appropriate clear and refined communication to team and market managers as required. The Senior Technician has an advanced understanding of theory and application related to project management, core networks, transport, signaling and interface protocols, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Senior Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to the radio access network, network design, capacity planning, fire suppression systems, power systems AC/DC, and HVAC.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives.
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Continuous learning: Creates training material and facilitates training to peers routinely. Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements.
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio.
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities.
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory.
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation.
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development, and negotiation skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level.
- Established within team and outside teams as a values leader
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office products with superior skills in Excel specifically.
- Experience in leading key projects, providing day-to-day guidance to junior technicians assigned to each given project. Highly organized, effectively reporting progress, challenges, resolution plans, and overall status appropriately
- Effectively influences peers and others toward achieving common goals
- Creates training material and facilitates training to peers routinely. Creates job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools such as scripts. Provides technical direction and support within and outside immediate team.
- Heavily scrutinizes activities constantly assessing potential risk and measures to mitigate as much as possible
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN
- Creative thought leader leveraging advanced knowledge level and creativity to innovate game-changing improvements
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Advanced understanding of theory and application related to transport
- 6+ years wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical support: Provides technical direction and support within and outside immediate team. Provides technical support and direction in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and identifies day-to-day improvement opportunities. Effectively influences peers and others toward achieving common goals
- Project management: Leads key projects/initiatives, providing day-to-day guidance to more junior technicians assigned to each given project/initiative. Highly organized, effectively reporting progress, challenges, resolution plans, and overall status appropriately
- Operations: Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation and assists junior technicians in doing the same. Uses in-depth knowledge to provide input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Creates job aids, scopes of work, method/statement of procedure, and helpful tools
- Continuous learning: Creates training material and facilitates training to peers routinely. Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top