Sr Technician, Switch
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comActs as a technical leader within and outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for mentoring and developing more junior technicians in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related escalations, providing appropriate levels of communication of the scenario to the appropriate audience. The Senior Technician has an advanced understanding of theory and application related to project management, core networks, transport, signaling and interface protocols, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Senior Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to the radio access network, network design, capacity planning, fire suppression systems, power systems AC/DC, and HVAC.
- 3-5 years experience in switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office products with superior skills in Excel specifically.
- Advanced communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Leads key projects, providing day-to-day guidance to junior technicians assigned to each given project. Highly organized, effectively reporting progress, challenges, resolution plans, and overall status appropriately.
- Effectively influences peers and others toward achieving common goals.
- Creates training material and facilitates training to peers routinely. Creates job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools such as scripts. Provides technical direction and support within and outside immediate team.
- Heavily scrutinizes activities constantly assessing potential risk and measures to mitigate as much as possible.
- Established within team and outside teams as a values leader.
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN.
- Creative thought leader leveraging advanced knowledge level and creativity to innovate game-changing improvements.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Advanced understanding of theory and application related to transport.
- 6+ years wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- Vocational/Technical Training
- Associates Degree
- Technical support: Provides technical direction and support within and outside immediate team. Provides technical support and direction in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and identifies day-to-day improvement opportunities. Effectively influences peers and others toward achieving common goals.
- Project management: Leads key projects / initiatives, providing day-to-day guidance to more junior technicians assigned to each given project / initiative. Highly organized, effectively reporting progress, challenges, resolution plans, and overall status appropriately.
- Operations: Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation and assists junior technicians in doing the same. Uses in-depth knowledge to provide input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Creates job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools
- Continuous learning: Creates training material and facilitates training to peers routinely. Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top