Sr Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC Facilities - Snoqualmie or Frisco)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC Facilities)
This position can be based in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
This role is a subject matter expert in complex telecommunications networks and T-Mobile processes. Knowledgeable in advanced remote building management surveillance and first tier troubleshooting as well as network verification and change management. This may include, but is not limited to, testing, locating and repairing simple to complex equipment and network problems, configuration faults, or interface problems with facilities vendors. The objective of this group and ultimately this position is to mitigate issues and develop solutions to improve process, tools and performance to reduce repeatable outages/issue. This primary focus or objective of this role is to be responsible for data mining various systems for analysis purposes, conducting conference calls to help identify potential internal process issues that lead to facility outages and also to provide statistics and learning's regarding past outages to recommend potential changes to mitigate issues in the future. This role will mentor, direct, and train other technicians to develop their skills, including fault identification, isolation, and resolution as well as performing system upgrades and changes and verifying system operation.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role
- Advanced level Knowledge of telecommunication facilities (DAS, MSO, Call Centers, DC's).
- Advanced level Knowledge of HVAC, Generators, FLS, and DC power plants.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, terminal emulators, and a basic understanding of database structure. Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, terminal emulators, and a basic understanding of database structure.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Experience with ALC
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree or Associates degree + 2 year of experience may be considered.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
- Provide enthusiastic and proficient technical leadership to designated NOC employees in the troubleshooting and resolution of network and system impairments. This function will cover troubleshooting the full spectrum of faults from a critical / high priority network wide outage to a single network element fault. This role will provide mentoring to individuals to improve their abilities and assist in performing ticket audits to ensure quality. The Senior Technician will also provide guidance to the entire team in order to effectively address larger problems or common incoming work load.
- Develop comprehensive training materials and willingly present it effectively to a variety of audiences including NOC technicians, Field and Switch Technicians, and other internal customers, as needed.
- Strive to remain current on new concepts, technologies and systems being introduced to T-Mobile's network and assist other technicians in understanding them, as well as the impact of these new systems on current operations. Develop and recommend process improvements or changes to improve current operations or to accommodate network changes as needed.
- Act as a principle point of contact and be the source for well written outage notifications and updates including Customer Impact Messages, Shift handovers, executive updates, FCC notifications, and others as required. Able to organize key work tasks and initiate key processes and escalations.
- Responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top