Sr Technical Delivery Manager
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Technical Delivery ManagerRequired Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years of software development project experience
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large/complex cross-functional projects/programs
- Ability to assess and implement successful, integrated product development plans
- Proven experience identifying and resolving project impacting issues, works with business and technology teams to develop and implement agreed upon solutions
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive those priorities
- Effective oral and written communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Requires knowledge of Enterprise Systems development and system architecture.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through Development and Technical Leadership experience are required in each of the following areas: Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Systems Integration, Leadership, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Understanding of financial processes, such as budgeting, forecasting, purchasing and invoicing
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Delivery Manager must also be able to coordinate and manage technical activities across multiple teams (Architects, Product Managers, Development Team Managers, Systems Analysts, Developers, Testers), and clearly translate business priorities and objectives into technical solutions.
- Creates a detailed project plan and schedule through defining activities, sequencing, resourcing, estimation of durations and resources and negotiates schedule with the team to find creative alternatives. Must be able to facilitate projects meetings.
- Ensures coordination of delivery teams across delivery domains (e.g. EIT, Engineering, Business, Vendors, etc.)
- Works with technical product managers and development leads to define sprint schedules and code drops and coordinates the alignment of dependencies
- Provide overall development project leadership, and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes.
- Coordinates through the development managers on all delivery activities and act as the escalation point for all development and build issues specific to projects.
- Coordinate with the development teams to ensure the right teams are working on the right build components at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Coordinate with the design teams to ensure comprehensive, cross functional design. Provide direction and leadership. Ensure that design is completed within committed timeframes.
- Provide transparency to risks and issues that require stakeholder support and action
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize departmental Agile Software Development methodologies as a guide for development activities.
- Meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables, by communicating updates on project progress to development and project management, and by escalating issues which may affect project success to management.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Collaborate/partner with other teams including Business Teams, Enterprise Testing, Release Management, Project Management, and Application Support for successful delivery of systems enhancements.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top