Sr. Supply Chain Forecasting Manager
- Bellevue, WA
T-Mobile US, Inc (NYSE: "TMUS") is looking for a Forecaster to join the Devices and Supply Chain (D&SC) organization. TMUS is transforming from a traditional wireless provider to one that integrates both retail and digital channels to make purchasing and servicing devices a simple and seamless customer experience. D&SC manages close to $15B in inventory each year, and device forecasting is pivotal in ensuring the right balance of inventory is maintained to minimize financial exposure while maintaining service levels to our customers. We are looking for a data-driven, analytically curious contributor who will be integral in shaping and redefining the future of Demand Planning at TMUS.
You will bring statistical and analytical thinking and apply your expertise in solving operational problems within the supply chain. You should have experience in building, testing, and evaluating the performance of various predictive models. You have keen observation skills, form opinions on the types of models that will or will not work based on those observations, and tirelessly test those opinions with empirical evidence. You articulate well to all levels of the organization (SVPs, Directors, Analysts, and Engineers) and possess excellent comprehension skills in the face of ambiguity.
-Develop and implement robust, efficient, and scalable forecasting models in SAS.
-Build demand forecasting models for sales of devices and accessories.
-Build forecasting models related to handset protection (warranty/insurance) and device recovery.
-Analyze performance of forecast models and quickly identify root cause of underperformance.
-Quantify impact of marketing promotions on device sales.
-Build handset pricing elasticity models.
-Clearly communicate forecast assumptions and drivers to partners utilizing the forecasts to drive purchase, replenishment, and marketing activities.
-Partner with internal and external partners to make recommendations based on learnings from forecasts
- Strong experience with SAS, R or other statistical software.
- Proficient at gathering and manipulating large datasets
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong statistical background, with an emphasis in predictive modeling.
- Ability to create polished executive-ready PowerPoint presentations that tell coherent and crisp stories
- A self-starter with strong passion for success
- Highly adaptive to a fast-moving environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work
- Track record of personal initiative and ability to drive change
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork spirit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present detailed analytical results to executives in verbal or written form, especially in PowerPoint format
- BS or BA in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Decision Science or another quantitative field. Masters preferred.
- 5-7 years professional experience applying statistical modeling in an operations environment, preferably in supply chain for a retail organization.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top