Sr Specialist, Leave of Absence
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThis position administers, reviews, and assesses Federal/Statutory and T-Mobile mandated leave programs enterprise wide such as, but not limited to FMLA, Military, and Company LOA plans. This position also administers and manages cases that comply with federal and/or internal leave regulations that fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) accommodations. The Leave of Absence Sr. Administrator is required to regularly interact and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization; in addition required to interact with disability carriers, the medical community, and other internal departments. The position directly responds to employees, management and HR inquiries timely and delivers accurate information. Provides Customer Service that builds trust and is committed and focused on the improvement of the Customer experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience within HR; 1-2 years prior experience in Customer Service role
- Requires customer service skill set that will enable the jobholder to handle the sensitive and delicate personal situations that involve leave and disability. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Provides timely and thorough responses to inquiries and continuously finds way to improve and promote the service experience.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing in an articulate, thorough responsive manner. Demonstrated skill in written correspondence both through e-mail and formal letter writing.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for high-quality work product.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret federal, state, and local leave regulations.
- 1-2 years of experience in administering mandated leaves preferred
- Experience in reporting, understanding of leave and/or disability analytical data
- Experience working in a Disability Management Database
- Conversant with HRIS/Timekeeping systems such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Kronos
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Accurately determines LOA eligibility and coordinates fulfillment of required forms, notices and medical documentation.
- Evaluates medical documents and renders a decision based on factors including, but not limited to: completeness of paperwork, health care provider information and coordination with internal HR that aligns with federal, state and internal policies.
- Responsible for managing the return to work process and any return to work restrictions/accommodations.
- Responsible for managing difficult situations with a professional and ethical demeanor such as escalations, fraud, guidance on employee action, or be required to comply with EEOC or legal investigations.
- Respond to employee, HR or manager inquiries relating to pay while on leave of absence.
- A subject matter expert in evaluating and interpreting federal and state legislation and using that knowledge to build trusted relationship with your HR or field partners.
- Actively manages all tasks in absence management system/database work queue to ensure completion within federal/company Service Level Agreement (SLA). Ensure accurate LOA case determination and leave usage calculations and in addition confirms accurate LOA status in HR, Timekeeping and Payroll databases. Responsible and accountable for maintaining and protecting
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining and protecting personal information of T-Mobile employees. Ensure accurate, timely and professional legal recordkeeping and documentation within the absence management system/database and all communication tools.
- Regularly consults with T-Mobile's legal department and HR partners to ensure consistent application of leave and to seek legal guidance when appropriate to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide timely research and response to medium to high-level complex inquiries.
- Provides effective service, consultation and resolution of employee inquiries involving PTO while on leave of absence.
- Frequently interacts with various internal and external partners including disability vendors, medical community, payroll, compensation/commissions, legal, workplace relations, workers compensation, loss prevention and others to ensure timely processing of LOA requests.
- Identify trends, suggests and creates process improvement and perform other duties and projects as assigned by the LOA Supervisor/Manager. Provide support to the team in times of high work volumes, staffing shortage, etc.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree, preferred (not required)
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top