Sr. Sourcing Manager - General Construction
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com## Position available at Bellevue, WA/ Frisco, TX ##
Contributes focused expertise and drives a culture of spending discipline for strategic vendors/categories (highly critical to current and future business operations) via the employment of efficient, effective, and best in class strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation, and supplier management practices. This independent contributor role will be responsible for developing an Enterprise Construction commodity/category strategy setting T-Mobile's strategic direction related to managing and controlling spend across the enterprise. Products and services would include, but not limited to the following: Construction design, architecture and materials, General Construction Services, etc. This position serves as a central point of contact for strategic suppliers in the Indirect Procurement group. Interfaces with senior leadership both within T-Mobile and with Suppliers and serves as a source of best practices to be implemented by more junior team members.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 8+ years' experience in sourcing or managing Construction services and materials, or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; extensive business case writing, strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics
- Extensive experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials in a mid to large size company.
- Advanced key procurement skills: Development / management of category strategies; RFP / RFI development, contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, management of supplier relationship lifecycle, understanding of risk mitigation principles, and understanding of various cost evaluation methods (TCO, ROI, Payback Period, etc.)
- Advanced contracting skills knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapting easily to change. Capable of effective executive management presentations / communications
- Familiar with cost estimation tools and implementation of those tools
- Demonstrated ability to reassess current project status and prioritize activities
- Problem solving skills by considering potential problems faced in a project. Ability to offer solutions to problems that others have not considered
- Knowledge of Construction industry and have strong skills in leadership, decision making, budget management and risk management
- E2E Project/Budget experience
- Data center build outs is a plus
- Knowledge of Power install, permitting, etc.
- Mitigating scope creep and change order requests
- Competitively sourcing Construction spend through engagement of strategic suppliers and application of industry knowledge
- Drafting, negotiating, project management and executing contractual documents including but not limited to master service agreements, statements of work, letter agreements, and purchase orders
- Supplier management - supporting the evolution of supplier management through supplier scorecard development and leading supplier quarterly business reviews
- Liaise with multiple departments to interpret business specifications and requirements to commercial and corporate financial requirements
- Summarize and present business cases and agreements for executive review and approval
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top