Sr Software Engineer, Backend & APIs
- Bellevue, WA
The T-Mobile Home Internet team is redefining what it means to be a modern ISP. We ask ourselves daily "what does world-class look like?", and push each other to figure out how to achieve that. We believe our customers (both internal and external) deserve tireless care and support, as well as products for the connected home and among the most reliable, secure, and performing on the market.
As a member of the Technology team, you'll make this possible by helping build all customer-facing and back-office systems for the business. As a Backend/API Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to design systems that qualify customers for service, intelligently detect security threats, transform geospatial data, and much more. As one of the first engineers on the team, you'll have the opportunity to guide technical direction and culture, grow the team, and see your contributions make an immediate impact.
Overall, we're a small team (more of a startup than a telco team), but growing rapidly and frequently punch above our weight. We operate within a (mostly) flat org so your growth opportunities are entirely up to you - we'll be there to support you along the way.
- Write lots of code. And lots of tests to accompany them.
- Work in production systems and know-how to safely navigate them.
- Work with a cross-functional team of developers, data scientists, UX/UI designers, sales, and support analysts daily.
- Flesh out the product backlog and define tasks.
- Graciously support technical and non-technical end-users with any issues they run into.
You may be a fit if you...
- Have strong opinions about building ergonomic, developer-friendly APIs.
- Are allergic to premature abstractions and over-designed systems.
- Have experience managing and developing resilient, highly-available systems.
- Have experience identifying performance bottlenecks and security issues.
- Understand data design and best practices when persisting, updating, and surfacing data to systems and end-users.
- Can work autonomously when needed without excessive supervision.
- Bonus points if you have experience with Apigee or equivalent products.
Get ready for more with T-Mobile: career growth, personal recognition, and diverse, high-energy culture are just the beginning. You'll also enjoy competitive pay, special employee phone plans, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, medical and dental coverage, a great company-matched 401(k) plan, advanced training, and more.
At T-Mobile, everyone has a voice! We strongly support diversity in the workforce and T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top