Sr. Software Engineer â Distributed Data Processing
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr. Software Engineer Distributed Data Processing
The Software Engineer will work under the leadership of a Software Engineering Manager and with the award-winning team that manages the largest dataset and corresponding applications in the company. The team is seeking for a candidate that has academic or industry experience working on the schema design and development of data extraction, transformation, loading and streaming applications.
Enterprise Core Competencies:
Requires competency in customer focus, relationship building & influencing, results focus, and change & innovation.
- 5+ years of programming experience in developing and debugging parsers for CSV, XML, JSON, etc. file formats. Experience with ASN.1 format is a plus
- 5+ years of programming experience using Java. Experience with Scala is a plus.
- 5+ years of programming experience with any queueing and streaming platforms. Experience with Apache Storm, Kafka, or Spark Streaming is a plus.
- 5+ years of SQL programming and schema design experience with any RDBMS. Experience with Hive and/or Spark SQL is a plus.
- 5+ years of programming and schema design experience with any NoSQL data stores. Experience with HBase, or Cassandra is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working with Map Reduce or a Massively Parallel Processing systems such as Hortonworks Data Platform, Azure HDInsight, Amazon Big Data Services, or Teradata.
- At least 3 year of experience with any of the following visualization tools: MatPlotLib, PowerBI, SSRS, Tableau, etc.
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Micro batching, event log analytics or real-time analytics experience is a big plus.
- Wireless industry experience is a big plus.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions:
Apply software engineering skills to develop fast, scalable and robust file parsing, and data loading and streaming applications.
Good understanding of software engineering, quality assurance and release life cycles.
Share best practices or quality insights with team members through documentation, presentation, code review or peer review.
Take ownership of issues through root cause analysis and resolution.*LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top