Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) â Payment Services
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Do you enjoy supporting innovative solutions that solve real engineering problems at scale? Do you enjoy moving fast and supporting business needs responsibly? This is the position for you.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) tackles a variety of technical challenges. Plays an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and building test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. Is a core member of the development team and participates in the complete development lifecycle process. Develops, implements, and sustains test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of application and system requirement, development and test activities throughout the software development and sustainment lifecycles. Leads and consults on test automation strategy, requirement, design, implementation and execution. SDET resources must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them.YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor] or other test frameworks.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience using 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience using CA Service Virtualization or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix or Windows environment, mobile platforms (Android or iOS) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Development experience in CI/CT/CD, and Agile or DevOps.
- Minimum of 3 year work experience is preferably in the payments industry.
Innovation and Leadership
- Provides internal training on relevant skills and tools that support Continuous Testing.
- Contributes to Test Community of Practice to evolve testing practices, quality standards and tools.
Testing (Requirements Gathering)
- Directs testability of requirements and/or user stories.
- Clarifies any ambiguity with requirements, user stories, design and other artifacts produced as part of the product lifecycle.
- Provides estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Leads and provides input to all test activities.
- Leads defect management.
- Interfaces with external teams on test strategy and ensures alignment to test execution.
- Designs, develops, and maintains automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Analyzes code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Oversees automated tests integration into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Designs and authors test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
- Works with IT partner teams to provide test data by request, creation or modification for all phases of the delivery process via a repeatable and automated process.
- Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met.
- Influences and drives quality across teams, disciplines, and the organization.
- Leads code review.
- Leads Design and Design Reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top