Sr Software Developer
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr. Software Developer
Join our talented middleware development team that thrives in a positive collaborative environment and values creativity, innovation and new ways to solve today’s complex problems.
We are currently looking for a talented Software Developer with experience developing RESTful APIs for middleware and partner applications. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated creative developer with a passion for solving complex problems and building robust software components.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years application development experience, preferably in the wireless industry
- Strong knowledge in API development using JSON and XML
- Experience with Web Service technologies and architectures such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, etc.
- Excellent OOD principles including in-depth knowledge of design-patterns and namespaces
- Proficient with integration security: OAuth, OAuth2, HTTPS (SSL), WS-Security, Signatures and Encryption, SAML, HTTP Basic authentication
- Excellent knowledge of architecture styles & disciplines: Web API (RESTful services), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), and EDA (Event Driven Architecture)
- Experience in using build tools and source code repository tools such as Git, GitHub, Stash, Accurev, Maven and Jenkins
- Knowledge of API design best practice concepts
- Experience with API development platforms, Apigee preferred
- Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
- Experience with Agile delivery process (i.e., SCRUM)
- Experience and comfort with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, and high quality middleware components
- Improve functionality, performance, and reliability of existing code
- Provide input on the design and contribute to the development of new platform and API features
- Work with product management to translate end-user requirements into working products
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of systems enhancements
- Provide on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide Tier 4 support on production outages
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top