Sr Project Manager, Technical (SAP-FI)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Come be a part of the T-Mobile EIT team that provides responsive delivery of innovative and agile technology solutions for accounting and finance platforms! The T-Mobile Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing technical teams for multiple projects and is viewed by leadership as a trusted advisor/consultant who utilizes in depth industry, business and/or technical knowledge and expertise to lead and deliver capabilities that are key the company's success. You are chartered with ensuring metrics are identified and achieved as well as function as the voice of the customer to ensure that the intent of the business value is achieved. This position will manage work including resource allocation, scope and time are accounted for as they drive value to business and technology.
In this role, you will draw upon exemplary program/project, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. You should be open to new challenges, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player and have experience with a variety of methodologies. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.Qualifications
- 5+ years industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex software systems or services.
- Familiarity with web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters, problem solving skills is a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Mastery of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) is critical in this role.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, financial management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Accountable to deliver value and drive programs and projects in the most efficient way while communicating effectively through lightweight processes.
- Identify and proactively manage technical and business decisions, risks, actions and opportunities. Proactively identify options for preventing or mitigating risks.
- Act like an owner with a point of view, not a passive reporter.
- In a lightweight, agile way, manage, track and report all critical aspects of the program that are clear to developers, business participants and executives.
- Manage change through the established processes
- Lead cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates. Drives the process to procure funding at a project or program level. Collects monthly budget forecasts, collect actual data from finance, and applies accounting practices appropriately to maintain budget integrity. Identifies factors that can drive potential variance early in the forecasting process and limits project activity to maintain expenses within allotted budget. Provides proactive and accurate reporting on any unresolved variance to leadership. Hold functional resources accountable to performance within budget allocation.
- Set stakeholder and program team expectations and ensures that the deliverables are aligned with program success criteria. Establishes the program KPI measurements and quality control points and aligns reporting to track progress against the measurements. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation. Develops a formal program change board that assesses and approves/denies all changes to scope, schedule, and quality.
- Participate in agile inceptions and or other types of planning activities to define scope, resources required, and capture anticipated timeline and level of effort. Own the whole program, ensure quality, manage change, understand tradeoffs and impacts to up/downstream systems and business processes as shifts occur.
- In an agile environment, drive the entire product lifecycle: requirements definition through specification, design, coding, quality assurance, implementation, integration, launch, and production support with Brand, supplier, and end customer usability in mind.
- Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Break down work into logical function groupings to enable the team to deliver early and often.
- Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer, Business and technology needs.
- Manage the technology spend and program budget components of the program.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top