Sr Project Manager, Technical
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comContributes to T-Mobile success by delivering and implementing large or complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional business and technology development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.Minimum Required
- Minimum 5+ year's industry experience as a Program or Project Manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a business leader; problem solving skills a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Wireless RAN, Core Network and Cyber Security experience highly desired.
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- An engineering/IT background in the area of Wireless Telecommunications considered a valuable asset.
- Project Management certification highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Master's / Advanced Degree desired
License or Certification
(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certificationsEnterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Assemble key players on the project team and facilitate internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegate project responsibilities and task interfaces, direct, motivate and manage the project work and resources involved with the project. Ensure timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administer efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Play a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups' responsibilities are included.
- Facilitate the creation of the project charter and examine project related technical documentation for completeness and latest versions and insure availability and distribution to all project team members. Insure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables and manage deviations from plan. Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the project. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual project progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective stakeholders and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and liaise with supplier and contractor representatives.
- Identify Risks in projects and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Examine risks associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Document the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and develop program solutions to minimize the impact and ensure alignment to time and scope.
- Attend management meetings as required, keeping the project team informed as to any discussions and decisions impacting project goals and objectives.
- Host regular project team meetings and provide written communication of such, ensuring progress toward project goals including project reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of projects
- Upon project completion or premature cessation, close all project documentation and archive actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects. Coordinate practical details of the transfer of the care, custody and control of the final product including assembly and transfer of operational and maintenance documentation. Provide recommendations of lessons learned for improvements in process and procedure both within the PM structure as well as across groups
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top