Sr Project Manager, Real Estate Construction
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Project Manager, Real Estate Construction
This position is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of medium to large construction projects. The individual will work in conjunction with other members of the T-Mobile Real Estate team to plan, coordinate, and execute the business development plan for T-Mobile’s corporate offices and call centers. This position will oversee resources and build strong relationships with internal teams such as transaction management, design, occupancy planning, finance, corporate communications, IT, and legal, in addition to managing key suppliers to effectively deliver solutions to enhance our workspaces. In addition, this position will effectively support special projects which may include but not be limited to rebranding, redesigning, repositioning, and redeploying of any T-Mobile assets. This position will work in conjunction with the facilities team to drive cost savings into the design of the space through efficiencies and managed sourcing.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management in a complex real estate or construction environment, preferably wireless
- Strong leadership and relationship skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- Solid understanding of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Strong understanding of construction and wireless development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and vendors
- Firm understanding of construction drawings and redline process
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of permitting, zoning, and regulatory compliance related to real estate construction, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Experience managing and motivating teams of employees with multiple functional competencies
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills. Experience developing and delivering presentations to groups.
- Bachelors Degree. Telecommunications, business, engineering or equivalent experience and training or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Advanced Degree in Business, Legal or Project Management a plus
License or Certification
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Oversee all aspects relating to the planning, design, construction and occupancy of medium to large business offices and call center projects
- Manage business expectations through effective communication to coincide with the execution schedule
- Manage the overall project budget to maximize the business opportunity and return on investment
- Contribute to the construction related aspects of real estate transactions to maintain cross functional efficiencies and improved long term savings for T-Mobile
- Manage internal partners and key suppliers to deliver upon commitments and realize improved pricing and increased/improved service levels, in order to meet or exceed on time, under budget expectations
- Continuously strive to improve processes, practices, and vendor relationships to create efficient and effective means for accomplishing goals, on time, and under budget
- Mentor less senior Project Managers to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, risk mitigation, quality control, best practices and training
- Guide effective interfaces with cross-functional groups and appropriate stakeholders as the project demands
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top