Sr Project Manager, Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comResponsible for executing on tasks assigned for managing medium to large projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction in support of the T-Mobile engineering network including: general network development and modification activities; real estate, entitlement and construction. Provides project management related to leasing, zoning, permitting, regulatory compliance and construction process of new cell sites and/or site modification/upgrade projects to existing facilities. Ensures high quality and timely delivery of development and construction related services, activities and support. In addition, the position will be expected to contribute meaningfully in the creation and implementation of key strategic and/or tactical activities to address business challenges and objectives.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management in a complex environment, preferably wireless
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- Solid understanding of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Strong ability to identify project impacting issues, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Strong understanding of construction and wireless development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and vendors
- Firm understanding of construction drawings and redline process
- Knowledge of materials used in telecommunications facilities site design
- Familiarity with environmental reports and government approvals
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of leasing, zoning, and regulatory compliance related to real estate development and wireless network operations, including knowledge of lease terms or contracts and understanding of legal proceedings
- Experience managing and motivating teams of employees with multiple functional competencies.
- Motivated to acquire a advanced working knowledge of finance and strategy
- Group facilitation, engagement, mediation and conflict resolution skills. Experience developing and delivering presentations to groups.
- Bachelors Degree. Telecommunications, business, engineering or equivalent experience and training or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Advanced Degree in Business, Legal or Project Management a plus
License or Certification
PMP Certification PreferredEssential Functions
- Resource Management: Leverages existing internal working relationships across the enterprise to direct other Project Managers to the appropriate people resources for projects, enabling the quick and effective kick off of critical projects that ensure high quality and timely delivery of development related services, activities, and support. Delegates project responsibilities and tasks; interfaces, directs, motivates, and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Manages planning, development and/or construction process for all new complex or high-risk telecommunications facilities and modification projects to existing facilities. Questions ambiguous responsibilities and manages conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues.
- Project Management Responsibility and Mentoring: Leads projects with a team of other employees that may include Project Managers, Engineering and Operations personnel. Participates in the interview and candidate selection process and trains employees. Provides regular feedback and input for performance reviews. Acts as an advisor to other Project Managers completing projects associated with their program to meet schedules and/or resolve technical and resource problems.
- Project Status: Leads management and project team meetings as required, keeping the project team informed and progressing. Mentors less senior Project Managers to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional Development team, markets, and other regional groups and FSC). Guides effective interface with cross-functional groups and appropriate stakeholders as the project demands. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes. Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Risk Management: Facilitates project risk reviews based on identified risks provided and undertakes appropriate mitigation and escalation, where required. Examines risks associated with the work and makes recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.
- Project Scheduling: Oversees creation of work breakdown structures, develops and updates project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables, and manages deviations from plan. Monitors high level project progress, compares to baseline, and ensures progress against schedule. Documents, obtains approval, and tracks all changes in project parameters. Reviews detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to project sponsor(s) and/or senior management.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top