Sr Project Manager, Deployment - ACS
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Project Manager, Deployment
Manage all aspects of small to large Alternative Coverage Solution projects throughout the project life-cycle, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change. Strong understanding of DAS systems. Experience working with elemenT, Tableau and SharePoint applications. Ability to Work closely with stakeholders to define project parameters, then translate customer needs into formal requirements, using knowledge of the industry and delivery methodology. Develop detailed project schedule, resource plan, and status reports, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle - Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end user, services organizations, vendors and implementations partners. - Review project deliverables for accuracy, and apprise management of risks, issues, and recommended mitigation. - Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon hand-off, then close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- 5 years' experience in project management in a complex environment, preferably wireless.
- 2+ years' experience working on projects in wireless industry specifically large venue DAS and Small Cell technologies.
- Knowledge of DAS and Small cell equipment, deployment methodologies and deployment process.
- Experience managing projects remotely.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a business leader; problem solving skills a must.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans.
- Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically in the use of Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- Solid understanding of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Strong ability to identify project impacting issues, able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement solutions.
- Strong understanding of construction and wireless development process and familiarity with pre-construction milestones
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors and vendors
- Bachelors Degree. Telecommunications, business, engineering or equivalent experience and training or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Advanced Degree in Business, Engineering or Project Management a plus
License or Certification
PMP Certification Preferred
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through various written communication methods. Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and in
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Resource Management: Leverages existing internal working relationships across the enterprise to direct other Project Managers to the appropriate people resources for projects, enabling the quick and effective kick off of critical projects that ensure high quality and timely delivery of development related services, activities, and support. Delegates project responsibilities and tasks; interfaces, directs, motivates, and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Manages planning, development and/or construction process for all new complex or high-risk telecommunications facilities and modification projects to existing facilities. Questions ambiguous responsibilities and manages conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues.
- Project Management Responsibility and Mentoring: Leads projects with a team of other employees that may include Project Managers, Engineering and Operations personnel. Participates in the interview and candidate selection process and trains employees. Provides regular feedback and input for performance reviews. Acts as an advisor to other Project Managers completing projects associated with their program to meet schedules and/or resolve technical and resource problems.
- Project Status: Leads management and project team meetings as required, keeping the project team informed and progressing. Mentors less senior Project Managers to provide oversight, tactical input, expertise, communications, quality control, training, reporting, and general administrative support between development organization groups (Regional teams, markets, and other regional groups and FSC). Guides effective interface with cross-functional groups and appropriate stakeholders as the project demands. Ensures required review of all project documentation and approvals according to company standards and processes. Closes all project documentation and archives actual appropriate records and achievements for estimating future similar projects upon project completion or premature cessation.
- Risk Management: Facilitates project risk reviews based on identified risks provided and undertakes appropriate mitigation and escalation, where required. Examines risks associated with the work and makes recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Follows appropriate procedure to escalate potential issues to achieve resolution.
- Project Scheduling: Oversees creation of work breakdown structures, develops and updates project schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables, and manages deviations from plan. Monitors high level project progress, compares to baseline, and ensures progress against schedule. Documents, obtains approval, and tracks all changes in project parameters. Reviews detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicates project status to project sponsor(s) and/or senior management.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top