Sr Project Manager
This position is for responsible for managing project delivery for mid to large and complex Enterprise projects with cross functional project teams that may be comprised of several departments, have high visibility, aggressive schedules, and require negotiation skills to balance the needs of project stakeholders. Projects will be primarily focused on large implemenations with in the HR function and may include mergers and acquisitions , and will have implications and impacts associated with T-Mobile employees, HR processes and programs, and enterprise wide systems/system applications. Projects may be multi-tiered comprising several smaller projects that span multiple years; larger budget & business impacts. This position will manage work utilizing standard project management methodologies, processes/procedures; specific manpower resource allocations; and budgets.
Is accountable for and drives project status reporting and meetings as communication and management tools. Effectively uses communications to ensure project health, transparency to risk and to maintain a strong project team sense of respect and trust.
Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects within a program and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios.
Drives the program strategy and aligns it with the program business goals. Defines and establishes the overall program structure, including the definition and scope of all sub-projects, program support activities, and organizational structure. Establishes the tools and processes to track and report on the program health and progress towards program goals. Adjusts resources and organizational structure as the focus and goals of the program change to ensure efficient delivery of results.
Defines scope of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift and impact.
Sets stakeholder and program team expectations and ensures that the deliverables are aligned with program business goals. Establishes the program KPI measurements and quality control points and aligns reporting to track progress against the measurements. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation. Develops a formal program change board that assesses and approves/denies all changes to scope, schedule, and quality.
- 5 - 8 yrs. formal project management work experience
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project and Visio
- Solid understanding of PMI principles and practices and how to put them into practice; demonstrated ability to apply PMI principals required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management
- Proven experience with identifying & resolving project impacting issues, works with members of the Project Management team and business SMEs/executives to develop and implement viable solutions
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Must typically have a background in the project business area assigned, in order to successfully serve as a conduit between the technical functions and the business clients
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
- Project Management certification: (lacking project management certification, candidates must possess a minimum of 10-12+ years PM experience)
- Business Administration, Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree Desired
- High School or GED required
Ã¢â,¬ At least 18 years of age.Ã¢â,¬ Legally authorized to work in the United States.Ã¢â,¬ High School Diploma or GED.Ã¢â,¬ Pre-employment background screen.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top