Sr Program Manager, Third -Party Cyber
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Working within Corporate Information Security, the Senior Program Manager will deliver and implement large or complex systems, processes and/or programs related to enterprise risk management, specifically cyber risk. The Senior Program Manager will work closely with other governance functions, including those housed within Legal and Finance, in order to develop strategy and determine options and impacts associated with various potential courses of action. The Senior Program Manager will prioritize protocols that impact risk assessments, decision-making, documentation, and reporting, aligning to governance, regulatory, and contractual obligations, in addition to balancing risk, reward, and opportunities. The Senior Program Manager will leverage his/her expertise and work with management and analysts to develop and maintain an internal service model that informs the business of key risks in a timely manner so as to limit unnecessary impediments and avoid bureaucracy. Demonstrate consistent credibility with business partners while recommending initiatives, identifying gaps, and potential issues. Demonstrate the ability to influence business decisions. Identify opportunities to create additional value for customers through continuous improvement.
Provide contract negotiating expertise for security requirements in support of supplier contracts. Develop and execute on roadmaps and timelines for third-party cyber security assessments and reporting.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 8 years’ industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Experience across complex projects and areas of focus.
- Experience acting as a business leader that is able to interpret business goals and apply them.
- Must be able to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive/execute on those priorities
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Negotiation, influence and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product lifecycle management.
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; employs intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment – Is willing to make timely decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment in decision-making; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve success; Sets and achieves goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Keeps commitments; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s / Advanced Degree desired
License or Certification
Six Sigma, PMP or C.P.M/CPSM certificates a plus.
- Assembles key players on the program team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise. Foster the development of cross-functional teamwork. Delegates program responsibilities and task interfaces; directs, motivates and manages the program work and resources involved within the program. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Questions ambiguous responsibilities and manages conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Facilitate the creation of the project charter and examine project related technical documentation for completeness and latest versions and insure availability and distribution to all project team members. Insure required document review and approvals according to company standards and processes.
- Manages program management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to programs. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities.
- Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all program communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and program meetings. Leads and develops definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that program execution complies with approved methodology. Ensures that overall program in managed to strategic dates.
- Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leader and executive level in both planned and as hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective through project planning and execution. Serves as a higher-level escalation point for program issues.
- Defines scopes of programs. Incorporates strategic factors into program scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
- Leadership: provides clear direction to team members and clarifying roles/responsibilities within the team as necessary.
- Works with other program managers and management to identify and address cross-project dependences.
- Continuous improvement: brings changes and suggestions from each program and sub-program to help improve and develop best practices. Manages change within the programs and evaluates risks and assesses potential impacts on program delivery.
- Communication: keeps everyone informed of key developments, program decisions, issues, and changes to the project and the project plan.
- Lead teams in the successful implementation of new policies, procedures and processes, tools and systems infrastructure.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top