Sr Program Manager, Mobile Development
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr. Program Manager
Innovate and deliver quality products and services that empower T-Mobile to transform the wireless industry and revolutionize the customer experience. The Senior Program Manager role is responsible for project leadership, day to day management of plans, scheduled and budget. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams focused on delivering new or evolving products & services.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of web and Mobile app development
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web and mobile technologies
- 3+ years of wireless industry background
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Cross-team coordination, agile project management and executive presentation skills are essential
- Ability to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies for complex systems
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to communicate and present to executive audiences
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders at an executive level
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have T-Mobile’s success firmly in your focus with the ability to work in ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Seasoned project manager with 5+ years’ experience managing technology projects (software and application development) with aggressive schedules.
- Solid experience and track record of successful system implementations utilizing multiple project management methodologies, tools and techniques. Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
- Quantitative analytical abilities.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working closely with product owners and product technologies throughout the product lifecycle.
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects and ability to identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Accountable for the team’s project portfolio which includes:
- Defining and tracking each projects, timeline, and budget
- Manage and track all requirements, development, test and deployment activities
- Coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
- Maintain team program RACI
- Responsible for maintaining the weekly status of each project within the project Portfolio
- Maintain regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Risk/issue and escalation management
- Maintain the budget – track current spend and forecasted items maintaining +/- 5% variance, if applicable
- Responsible for stakeholder relationship in conjunction with the Manager/Product Owner
- Leads cross functional teams from design through delivery which includes detailed functional and test specification
- Knowledgeable about team’s status, roadmap, product(s) and projects
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top