Sr Program Manager, Cyber Security
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Contributes to T-Mobile success by delivering and implementing large or complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. Collaborates effectively with cross-functional business and technology development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 8+ year’s industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex enterprise-scale Programs end-to-end
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions, such as web services, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration.
- Detail oriented; able to prioritize, speak and direct as a business leader; problem solving skills a must.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to assess and implement successful, focused, integrated product development plans
- Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
- Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management – including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Experience working in a technical industry.
- Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Master’s / Advanced Degree desired
License or Certification
(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as information security management (CISM), project management (PMP), agile methodologies, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or any related industry certifications
- Cyber Security Program Maturation
- Define and Deploy Processes for a centralized intake for the CIS Organization
- Work with CIS Team(s) on defining KPI’s across each team that demonstrates progress against primary guiding principles/pillars for cyber security (e.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc)
- Collaborate with the CIS Governance team and its customers to mature governance processes and capabilities. Develop content to raise awareness of Governance Team programs and functions.
- Responsible for end-to-end management of the Program lifecycle for assigned Programs from conception to Program completion. Includes working with CIS leadership and subject matter experts to develop Program strategy, roadmap, and expected outcomes. Will require mapping existing projects or identifying new projects, teams and processes to support Program objectives. Will engage with enterprise Program teams to align on Program objectives and resources.
- Assembles key players on the program team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegates program responsibilities and task interfaces, directs, motivates and manages the program work and resources involved within the project. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Plays a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups’ responsibilities are included.
- Facilitate the creation of the program charter and examine program related technical documentation and other required artifacts for completeness and latest versions and insure availability and distribution to all program team members through the management of artifact repositories and regular reporting. Insure required document review and approvals per company standards and processes.
- Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update program schedules/plans with actual and forecasted deliverables and manage deviations from plan. Analyze validity of schedules submitted by outside parties contributing to the program. Distribute schedules in various formats and detail to suit different users or audiences. Monitor actual program progress, compare to baseline and report progress against schedule. Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters. Produce detailed reports and notifications as appropriate and communicate project status to respective stakeholders and project sponsor. Approve or recommend all required commitments and liaise with supplier and contractor representatives.
- Identify Risks in programs and use proven PM techniques to assess and mitigate. Facilitate project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation. Examine risks associated with the work, proposed contracts and major changes, and make recommendations for handling or equitable sharing. Document the impacts on schedule of proposed changes and develop program solutions to minimize the impact and ensure alignment to time and scope.
- Attend and/or host management and programs team meetings as required keeping the programs team informed and progressing including programs reviews with stakeholders as necessary to perform ongoing assessments on the progress of programs. Serve as the face of the program to both CIS and to enterprise teams. Act as the conduit for communication and reporting activities. If needed, will serve as the point of contact for in-scope third parties.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top