Sr Product Owner
- Bothell, WA
*3 positions open in Bothell, WA!*
Bring your passion, your ideas, and your potential!
Are you ready for a challenge? T-Mobile is revolutionizing the wireless industry for millions of customers nationwide. Working here means rolling up your sleeves and disrupting the status quo with a team that has your back every step of the way.
You are invited to be a Senior Product Owner (PO) within the Product & Technology (P&T) organization working on transformational platforms and tools for all of T-Mobile's software engineers. This position is in the Transformation, Engineering, and Quality (TEQ) team, a proactive service organization that leads software engineering teams to transform how they build and deploy software. The TEQ team provides all common tools and platforms used in P&T including SDLC, STLC, CI/CD, DevOps, Test Automation, Test Data Management, Environment Management, Asset Management, and Database as a Service.
Business and Technical Execution
- Develops a deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) Team backlog, with input from various team members.
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, typically for 1 or 2 Agile Teams.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each Sprint and Program Increment.
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to the Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to the technical team during iteration (Sprint) in order to answer real-time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains effcient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in the team backlog.
- Participates in team demo with the primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets team's Definition of Done (DoD).
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understands scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures.
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train's (ART's) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Partners with the Product Management team to produce the Program Increment system demo for program stakeholders ensuring an accurate representation of user stories for Agile Team.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- Recognizes technical challenges and makes educated trade-offs with team and stakeholders.
- Identifies execution or operational issues that impeded product success. Works to change or resolve issues.
- Supports the Product Manager in creating and managing product vision and technical roadmap. •
Relationship & People Skills
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups and stakeholders.
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Trains team members and stakeholders in Agile methodology, specifically user story development and refining processes.
- Mentors, coaches, and guides other Product Owners.
- Actively participates in T-Mobile Product Owner/Manager Community of Practice (COP).
- 5+ years of relevant Product Owner, Product Management, System Analyst, or Software Engineer experience in an Agile software product development environment.
- 4+ years of experience delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies using commonly used Agile development and backlog tools.
- Proven exp working withSTLC, SDLC, CDP.
- Strong technical story writing capabilities including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
- Strong focus on delivering value to customers through innovative product platform and tools delivery.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• BA or BS degree (preferably in computer science)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top