Sr Product Manager
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Team:
The Roadmap & Partnerships Team is responsible for executing world class partner management functions with key players in the wireless industry, identifying new growth opportunities for T-Mobile and selecting devices that will best drive that growth and meet business objectives through a competitive bidding process. Rapid change is taking place in hardware, software and operating systems and this team has expertise in all three spheres.
The Sr. Product Manager Sourcing is responsible for driving the RFP (request for proposal) process for products falling into new categories, including IoT. Growth in the wireless industry will be driven by offering new services to our existing customers like connected cars, homes, etc. and connected devices are key in driving this growth.
Qualifications / Attributes:
- 5-7 years of experience in wireless industry, in positions requiring a high level of technical expertise
- Experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines, keeping all stakeholders apprised of status
- Detail-oriented ability to manage large amounts of data in Excel & other tools
- Strong business acumen ability to evaluate proposals and make recommendations based on business objectives
- Open-minded, consultative approach asking questions that help better define the opportunity
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal, conveying information quickly and efficiently via email and PowerPoint
- Customer-focused - ability to understand and challenge the value proposition and primary use cases
- Strong interest in technology and product innovation
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Assess customer and market opportunities across different product categories and channels
- Develop strong relationships & regular touch points with internal business partners to ensure strategic alignment
- Ensure product briefs are clear and concise, giving OEM partners a strong target for product proposals
- Conduct technology reviews for devices under consideration with stakeholders in Engineering
- Build & maintain roadmap documents that clearly outline new product transitions
- Stay current on key ecosystem players and technologies and how they can benefit our business
- Make recommendations based on sound business principles and in accordance with T-Mobile product strategy
- Ensure the team is well educated and aligned with new RFPs being issued
- Perform other duties/projects assigned by management as needed
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top