Sr Payroll Tax Analyst
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe specific responsibilities include performing analytical audits of the pay cycles, balancing vendor invoicing files on a daily, monthly, quarterly and year end basis to ensure both aspects of timeliness and accuracy are achieved in processing all tax remittance payments. This position will actively participate as the primary support for all testing of system or processing upgrades and enhancements. This position will interact on a regular basis with internal company HR, Finance, Internal Audit, and external vendor managing tax filing and remittance activities relating to all Federal, State and Local jurisdictions. This position serves as the subject matter expert for payroll tax, having a complete understanding of the process for the function in addition how this process integrates with the overall end-to-end payroll processing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and/or 5+ years of Payroll Tax work experience is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of payroll
- Ability to solve problems through quantitative and qualitative analysis in a team-based environment. Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently, conduct research, formulate conclusions and present conclusions regarding complex business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to consult and interface with varying levels of management by leveraging expertise in subject matter and applying influencing skills. Can conceptualize from big picture down to detail level and generate innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an exemplary customer experience by applying knowledge of trends in our industry and innovating to create next practices.
- Self-driven with ability to work independently and make decisions based on data.
- Strong experience working within the MS Office Suite, specifically with Excel. Advanced skills in Excel with regard to formulas and charting. Ability to generate concise presentation decks to illustrate and communicate various tax related information.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Experience with conducting presentations to clients, peers and/or senior management related to tax (trends, education, etc
- Strong interpersonal, business partnering and stakeholder engagement skills
- CPP Certification
- Experience in management of HR Data in ADP Vantage
- Experience in large company (30k+ multi-state employee base) payroll
- Experience leading functional and/or project teams in a Human Resources environment.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Performs detailed verification, review and preparation of payroll tax remittance payments required to ensure the third party vendor achieves all Federal, State and Local jurisdictional tax filings and remittance mandated deadlines, including W2s. Ensure all required payroll withholding and tax returns are accurate, timely filed, and compliant with federal, state, and local regulatory withholding and reporting requirements.
- Lead in coordinating internal and external audit compliance. Performs internal payroll tax audits and prepares documents for various audits and prepares required government reports and drafts responses to related inquiries.
- Creates process documentation and implements process improvements; create reports and tools to improve payroll accuracy, and helps design new processes, procedures, and audits in order to improve effectiveness, compliance, and best practices. Leads small projects related to tax processing, from creation of timelines, facilitation of meetings, delegation of duties, take notes and follow up and confirm completion of tasks.
- Acts as escalation point supporting teammates in researching outstanding payroll tax issues and respond to employee tax questions.
- Remain current on legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence and advise management on required actions.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.
- LI-KH1We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top