Sr. Operations Research Scientist
- Bellevue, WA
The device and supply chain organization is responsible for $10B+ annual spend on sourcing devices for T-Mobile, including T-Mobile and Metro PCS brands, managing over 60M devices on the network, as well as TMUS device technology innovations, forward logistics fulfilling 18k+ retail stores with phones, tablets, IoT devices, and accessories, to enable T-Mobile growth, and reverse logistics and repair operations for highest efficiency in T-Mobile supply chain.
We are currently seeking an operations research scientist with strong knowledge and experience in inventory modeling and optimization. You will be responsible for key projects in devices supply chain starting from idea inception to implementation and support.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Improving T-Mobile supply chain operations for increased efficiency, customer satisfaction & reach, operational excellence, and improved cash flow
- Optimizing supply chain processes through analytical frameworks, mathematical programming, simulation, and statistical models
- Establishing analytical frameworks to identify, evaluate, and drive alignment for supply chain innovation opportunities to enable state of the art customer experiences with highest efficiency
- Being a key player ensuring rapid delivery of products to the customers with minimal cost and minimal inventory through optimization of forward logistics, distribution, assortment, inventory allocation, and replenishment for device and accessories across all T-Mobile channels
- Creating optimization models for reverse logistics and repair planning to maximize profitability of device protection plans and ensure most efficient use of returned devices
- Routinely partner with T-Mobile marketing, commercial, retail, and customer care teams to drive alignment and success in T-Mobile device and supply chain opportunities
A successful candidate will need to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required
- Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science highly desired
- 4+ years of experience in modeling unstructured and complex business problems with strategic, operational, and financial elements as abstract, mathematical models, driving change with the results across a large enterprise
- Outstanding ability to research and model abstract and not-well defined problems.
- Strong knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Stochastic modeling, inventory theory, single and multi-echelon inventory modeling
- Linear/integer/non-linear programming models with both deterministic and stochastic variables. Experience in transportation and network flow models.
- Exceptional skills in programming with at least one of the optimization solvers such as CPLEX, Gurobi, AIMMS, Xpress, and in at least one of the object oriented programming languages such as Java, Python
- Superb database querying and data mining skills in SQL, Python, and R
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical works to non-technical audiences.
- Flexible, self-starter, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top