Sr Manager, Vendor Management
This position is responsible for leading a team of 4-6 vendor managers who are responsible for executing and continuously improving the Forward logistics process within T-Mobile. This position also will be the most Senior T-Mobile representative at the Distribution center managing T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s relationship with the 3PL provider. Monitor daily operational performance of 3PL (see key areas of focus/metrics below). This team manages the day to day operations execution in support of the order fulfillment to Retail channel, direct to consumer, National accounts and MetroPCS by actively communicating with internal partners as well as the 3PL provider.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Manages and provides leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for team members, and ensuring on time shipment and quality is delivered. Knows how to improve their analyses and collaborative efforts and provides thought leadership on their work products.
- Manages overall cost efficiency in the forward DC operations.
- Identifies and provides insight into the critical service failures and cost drivers and associated inter-dependencies for the effective operation of a business unit.
- Oversees the contractual agreement and SLAÃ¢â,¬â¢s are being met and consistently reviews the agreement and adjust to meet the changing business needs in partnership with the 3PL provider Areas of focus/key metrics:
- Provides data and presentation support to leadership
- Host the DC Meetings and status overviews and vendor manager and representative
- Has analytical view on operations at the DC and seeks actively improvements
- Act as a first-line liaison between TMO and DC on any daily operational issues
-6 + yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience managing direct reports
-Seven years of Supply Chain Operations experience required
-3-5 yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience managing OEM or third-party partners/vendors
-Strong experience negotiating contracts
-Proficient with MS Office applications, SAP Knowledge
-4-year Degree with concentration operations/logistics/business management or equivalent work experience required
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication: ability to clearly articulate (verbal and written) to TMO and BP stakeholders at various levels. Ability to clearly articulate issues, resolutions, changes, needs requirements in a timely, succinct, concise manner.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and
analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations. Attention to detail, including follow-up actions and relevant documentation. Ability to multi-task with logical prioritization.
Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Estimated Travel 30%
Ã¢â,¬ At least 18 years of age.Ã¢â,¬ Legally authorized to work in the United States.Ã¢â,¬ High School Diploma or GED.Ã¢â,¬ Pre-employment background screen.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top