Sr Manager, User Experience
The T-Mobile Product & Technology team is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. Manager, User Experience to join our growing product team. This Sr. Manager, UX will have a significant impact on our business as they lead the design direction for newly developed T-Mobile branded experiences. The person will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers, leading design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle.
Our team is a growing band of innovators, disruptors, and problem solvers. We cover everything from network services, like visual voicemail, DIGITS, and SCAM ID, to value added services from the likes of Netflix and Gogo, as well as complete branded experiences like FamilyMode and SyncUP Drive. We continue to push into new categories in the automotive, kids, pets, and elderly care spaces, offering complete end to end solutions. Between T-Mobile and Metro, we have a powerful distribution channel as well as large customer base to target. If your looking for new challenges covering UX for everything from a tiny IoT device to tablets, look no further.
- Manage a team of designers (e.g. employees, contractors, partners) to strategize the UI/UX requirements of all IoT, wearable, and mobile phone apps
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Practice user-centered design by participating in user research and incorporating data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders, while clearly communicating design rationale and tradeoffs
- Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap. Work closely with a team of Product Managers and Designers (UI/UX) to create an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products. Work within the established T-Mobile brand guidelines while striving to raise the quality bar within that style
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience.
- Create a signature experience for innovative software and solutions that are aligned to T-Mobile's brand values.
- Leads UX/UI Design team, responsible for coaching/mentoring personnel and skillset/career guidance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, design, human-centered design (HCD) or human-computer interaction (HCI) or similar fields Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 10 years hands on UX and UI design experience, Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other comparable visual design, wireframing and prototyping tools.
- 5 years Experience designing mobile software products for B2C
- 3 years Experience creating storyboards, detailed user journeys, animated mockups of UI flows and transitions (or prototypes).
- Substantial knowledge of software development processes, standards, life cycle. Able to execute at all stages of the product lifecycle from concept to final product launch.
- Proficiency in the following disciplines: user research, interaction design, information architecture, visual design; exposure to and interest in growing in the others Proficiency in translating user needs into visual assets and in rapid prototyping and visualization tools (e.g. Axure, Invision)
- Proficiency in leveraging research and usability strategy such as discovery findings, mental models, scenarios, user journey maps, personas, debrief documentation, screeners, testing plans, task lists, low and high fidelity prototypes, annotated wireframes, and/or clickable prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple engagements with stakeholders to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using structured problem solving and communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information to senior management, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in the fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, design, human-centered design (HCD) or human-computer interaction (HCI) or similar fields Or equivalent educ/experience is required
- 10 years hands on UX and UI design experience, Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other comparable visual design, wireframing and prototyping tools is required.
- 5 years Experience designing mobile software products for B2C is required
- 3 years Experience creating storyboards, detailed user journeys, animated mockups of UI flows and transitions (or prototypes) is required.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top