Sr Manager, Technology Development and Strategy
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDo you want to work on the latest Mobile Wireless Technologies? Do you enjoy working with and applying Technology to improve Customer Experience and solve Business Problems? Do you want to lead an exceptional team of technologists that makes an impact on T-Mobile's business every day? Do you want to feel like you are directly contributing to the success of T-Mobile, and be part of the Un-Carrier movement? Look no further! We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative leader with a history of strategic and tactical execution. This person will lead a team of talented professionals that will drive the evolution and expansion of the T-Mobile Wireless Radio Network, Architecture and Technologies. We operate in a very fast-paced environment with quick decisions and light on processes. We encourage innovation and expect you to take ownership and initiative within your area of responsibility. This role provides a unique opportunity to guide and drive Radio Technology direction for T-Mobile USA.
- Strong background in 3G/4G/5G wireless communications systems and architectures and telecom networks, protocols and infrastructures as well as IP and cloud.
- Robust understanding of complex networks and architecture solutions and how new technologies may impact the performance and architecture of the network.
- Significant experience in designing wireless telecommunications coverage, capacity, or functional architectures in an optimal way to maximize performance and brand differentiation, minimize cost of ownership and establish multi-year financial outlook.
- Deep understanding of what network aspects drives customer quality of experience for various services.
- Meaningful experience working with field and regional engineering teams to do network capacity planning and work with design teams using call models and data usage scenarios to support existing and forecasted subscriber growth while managing cost and optimizing network architecture.
- Experience leading initiatives that manage network cost and performance and understanding of impacts on the company business metrics.
- Demonstrated use of technology to solve business problems, ability to do cost/benefit trade-off analysis for technology and develop business cases to justify investment in technology
- Experience in developing Executive level presentations, business case development, Executive briefings and vendor presentations
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled Technology Development engineers.
- Lead specific technology development initiatives within the company in order to secure T-Mobile technology leadership in 4G LTE Evolution and 5G Developments
- Lead industry research on emerging technologies and spectrum related issues relevant to the T-Mobile business
- Evaluate and develop new innovations and technologies, as well as bringing the technologies to life via demos as well as lab and field Proof of Concept
- Explore, anticipate and evaluate technologies that may solve business problems, or in any way may impact T-Mobile's business
- Guide 3GPP standards activities as it relates to area of responsibilities
- Motivate and instruct the team members to take initiative, be action oriented and drive for results that is meaningful to the business
- Create a sense of urgency towards desired results by setting challenging goals and high performance standards for the team
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Ability to work in external environments that include competitors, regulators and vendors.
- Strong problem solving abilities and strong critical thinking
- Passion and enthusiasm for Technology to solve business problems
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
- Training in management and business practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written) essential.
7+ years technical management experience in a large corporate IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment
7+ years' experience in budget forecasting and budget tracking with a high degree of accuracy
7+ years' experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management
7+ years skilled at management of RFI/RFP process, capital acquisitions and contact negotiations
7+ years effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline required. Master's degree is preferred.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top