Sr Manager, Systems Design & Strategy (Network Eng Ops Strategy)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Manager, SystDesign & Strategy (Network Engineering Operations Strategy)
This is a senior management position which provides leadership and direction to managers and professional staff that are responsible for T-Mobile's operational aspects including network/systems design, deployment, evolution and strategy. This leader will develop team objectives for their functional areas and ensure plans are aligned with business objectives with clearly defined metrics and progress tracking.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Advanced leadership & management skills, including strategic thinking, self-awareness, and empathy.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including listening skills and ability to build consensus across teams.
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving.
- Proven strong leadership skills to manage changes and critical issues in a highly dynamic environment
- Proven strong customer facing skills required to drive customer communications
- The ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus and exceptional analytical skills.
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings as needed)
- Unwavering attention to detail with an awareness that everything counts
- Fluent in English with a proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management
- 7+ year's technical management experience in a large corporate IP, IT or Wireless Service provider networking environment.
- 7+ years' experience in budget forecasting and budget tracking with a high degree of accuracy.
- 7+ years' experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management.
- 7+ years' effective organizational objectives/goal setting and achieving experience.
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- Managing virtual teams a plus
- Masters/Advanced Degree
- 10+ Yrs of experience in lieu of degree.
- MBA desired
- PMBOK desired
- ITIL desired
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
- BE EFFECTIVE: Exhibit accountability/responsibility by getting things done yourself and through others.
- BUILD COLLABORTATIVE TEAMS: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships and inclusive environments within one's team and across other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top