Sr Manager, Supply Chain Sourcing
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comDescription
Develops and implements a synchronized approach for the procurement of supply chain services. This includes developing effective relationships with Supply Chain Operations, Finance, Network Engineering, Marketing, and EIT as well as other business owners to identify opportunities and agree upon category tactics to maximize value through effective procurement strategies. Negotiates multi-million dollar complex contracts, evaluating suppliers, defining demand requirements, and maintaining supplier relations through quarterly business reviews. Establishes strategic direction, driving operational excellence in the supply chain space. Requires ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and complexity. Is accountable for setting performance direction, delegating, motivating, holding others accountable and coaching and developing others.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 8+ years' experience in supply chain sourcing, an operations role, or similar role.
- Proven track record in developing a high-performing and self-empowered work teams and individuals with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Aptitude to delegate effectively is critical
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing business strategy; extensive business case writing, strong background in market intelligence research, and proficient in negotiation strategy and tactics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate information at multiple levels, adapting easily to change. Capable of effective executive management presentations / communications
- Advanced key procurement skills: Development / management of category strategies; RFP / RFI development, contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, management of supplier relationship lifecycle, understanding of risk mitigation principles, and understanding of various cost evaluation methods (TCO, ROI, Payback Period, etc.)
- Leads, coaches and challenges the team of supply chain sourcing managers to maximize their strengths and provide them opportunities for skill and career advancement. Fosters an environment of continuous learning amongst the Supply Chain Ops and Sourcing team.
- Directs the sourcing team to sustainable strategies for all vendors/categories that include spend analysis, market considerations, and strategic importance, etc. evaluates the current market conditions on a regular basis and makes any necessary changes to support the needs of the TMUS business. Locates, analyzes, and develops a consolidated strategic supplier base to support current and future business needs.
- Ensures that efficient methods are used (speed to market and cost) are implemented to maximize the value of technology and services.
- Drives and directs the development and negotiations of complex agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and objectives.
- Represents single voice of T-Mobile for strategic suppliers/categories internally and externally; participates in innovation sessions and quarterly reviews for strategic suppliers. Fosters collaborative relationships with multiple business owners and strategic suppliers.
- Bachelors Degree. Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering
- Preferred: Master's degree preferred Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Technology or Engineering
License or Certification
CPM, CTPS or CCP preferred
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top