Sr Manager, Software Development
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
The Sr. Manager of Development for Store Experience is at the forefront of the digital transformation of T-Mobile's retail stores. This leader drives the roadmap to optimize customer and sales rep experience in close collaboration with sales operations business partners. The role is responsible for several teams providing development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for T-Mobile applications/systems that support critical business functions and may either be custom developed or a packaged solution requiring a combination of development and configuration.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Minimum 7 years' experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Minimum 8 years of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for large projects.
- Minimum overall IT experience, 10 years.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Project Management, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance.
- Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
- B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- DRIVE BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION PLANS in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Legal counterparts based on T-Mobile's strategic product, service, and brand vision.
- BUILD STAFFING PLANS that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE qualified managers and developers, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting project teams with contract staff when required.
- WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT - Work with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT - Effectively lead teams providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
- RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT- Work with managers and developers to build training and career development plans and work to ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to management and development staff.
- BUDGET - Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION - Plan for and ensure that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Constantly improve the DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the development group
- Responsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUALITY products on time and within budget.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top