Sr Manager, Software Development
The Sr. Manager, Software Development position for the Voice Experience Product Management team is responsible for the management of the development team building and maintaining features on all associated applications that T-Mobile uses to support the IVR and voice experience systems. This individual will assist in building and executing the strategy for enabling a deployment services eco-system (both existing and future) to improve not only the end-customer experience but also the developer experience to deliver solutions in a fast, efficient environment. This individual will interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to maintain existing functionality and help build the next generation IVR system.
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders so that you understand their needs and can provide technical direction to support their objectives and achieve common goals.
- Identify and drive the creation of a new platform and architecture for voice-based/IVR services at T-Mobile. Ensure the team is ready and equipped with the skillsets to support this new, modern architected system.
- Stay abreast on voice experience technology and other issues impacting the existing IVR application so that you can anticipate and advise leadership on direction of the product.
- Lead multiple product and development teams to successfully deliver solutions that meet both short- and long-term objectives of the business.
- Develop a vision, strategy, and platform roadmap to support improvements by having a thorough understanding of the business needs as well as technology best practices.
- Setup and manage a project intake process that records opportunities, benefits, priority and work with business stakeholders to prioritize the product backlog for each sprint.
- Work with business partners and product management teams to drive prioritization and systematically solve for conflicting goals across the teams.
- Work with your business partners and your product management team to develop and manage the backlog and create a program roadmap.
- Ensure work focuses on iterative improvements using a lean, agile methodology making changes based on capacity of teams.
- Coordinate with business partners to ensure comprehensive understanding of the businesses need and accurate estimates are provided to evaluate investment.
- Act as the technology owner for prioritized projects.
- Manage the team working with stakeholders to collect requirements and ensure clarity to support accurate user stories taken in each sprint.
- Question and push back on solutions which do not support the long-term roadmap for the products
- Accountable for working with the product management team and business partners to make project trade-off decisions.
- Understand and communicate sprint and project success metrics and report on performance every end of sprint, end of quarter as well as adhoc.
- Ensure quality, speed and of each sprint and project delivery.
- Ensure stakeholders participate in developing, reviewing, and executing on delivery items
- Escalate Issues and risks to project teams and leadership and support project and business & technology partners with issue resolution
- Provide timely and accurate communication to leadership and stakeholders regarding product, sprint and dev ops activities
- Learn and execute on T-Mobile specific processes to support your products and teams
- Effectively lead, mentor, coach and counsel your team members. Identify opportunities for developers to stretch performance and accelerate the growth of those with high potential.
- Manage NTW vendors and ensure high quality resources are onboarded; quickly offboard ineffective resources through continuous monitoring and measuring of deliverables.
- 7+ years of experience as a developer, architect, or technical product manager role in software development.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for large projects.
- Minimum 10 years' overall IT experience.
- Knowledge of the following is required; architecture, product management, product development using Java/Objective C, JSON, messaging protocols, microservices, Amazon Lambdas, Google voice APIs, etc.
- Background in the following technologies; PCF, Apigee, AWS, and/or Cloud applications (specifically EKS, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Expertise in optimizing build processes, project management, agile frameworks and release models.
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent in succinct, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, technical product manages, and software development teams
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Hands on experience with implementing and running Agile methodologies and proven leadership skills to guide teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Diego L.Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top