Sr Manager, Software Development - Commissions
Sr Manager, Software Development - Commissions
The Sr. Manager of Development for Frontline Commissions systems is responsible for several teams providing development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for T-Mobile Commissions applications/systems that support critical business functions and may either be custom developed or a packaged solution requiring a combination of development and configuration.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- BUILD STAFFING PLANS that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE qualified managers and developers, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting project teams with contract staff when required.
- WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT - Work with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT - Effectively lead teams providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
- RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT- Work with managers and developers to build training and career development plans and work to ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to management and development staff.
- BUDGET - Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION - Plan for and ensure that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Constantly improve the DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the development group
- Responsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUALITY products on time and within budget.
- Provide TECHNICAL GUIDANCE to the team as necessary.
- Work with Business Partners and other cross functional teams and build and present technical solutions and road maps that align with business objectives and goals.
- Minimum 7 years experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Minimum 8 years of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects.
- Minimum overall IT experience, 10 years.
- Experience in designing, developing or configuring enterprise applications in the Commissions Management domain, sales performance management or incentive compensation management.
- Experience in Implementing, integrating, developing on, extending and operating Sales Performance Management (SPM) and Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) packages such as IBM Ã¢â,¬ Incentive Compensation Management (Varicent), Callidus, Merced, Oracle, Synygy, Centive, etc.
- SOLID UNDERSTANDING of software development principles.
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME (transactions) and high-availability systems
- Experience in architecting, designing building, testing and implementing large-scale, high volume transactional systems in the Retail, Web, Finance domains
- Experienced in software development life-cycles, including Agile and Scrum-based models and running dev-ops teams.
- Experienced in Leading complex software development efforts particularly those requiring strong vendor management, business relationship and consulting skills
- Understanding of multiple operating systems, databases and development frameworks and technologies, including prior hands-on experience in the following development languages and frameworks: J2EE, Java, C#, .net, PL/SQL, XML, XSL, HTML, DHTML and Visual Basic.
- Understanding of SOA, Architecture Frameworks, Estimation
- Knowledge of data warehousing components (data acquisition, ETL, data modeling, infrastructure, profiling and reporting)
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE acquired through Management Experience are required in each of the following areas: AGILE Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies Ã¢â,¬ including Development, Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design, Project Management, Release Management and Configuration Management
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance.
- Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top