Sr Manager, Software Development/ Architecture/ Bellevue, Atlanta
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.As a Senior Manager Software Development / Architecture, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of software architects responsible for providing solutions for our wireless billing and charging services, ensuring adherence to T-Mobile’s Digital strategy. In this position, you will partner with all levels of leadership, business partners, network engineering, and partner dev/ops organizations throughout IT. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
This hands-on position requires broad IT and engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded application software architecture and development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting complex IT projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and continuous delivery following a digital and dev/ops framework. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring architecture teams
- Strong Architecture or Development background
- DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Technical Expertise with a broad range of BSS/OSS technologies, tools and standards is a plus
- Experience in a Wireless industry is preferred
- Experience with managing a distributed delivery team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ yrs management
- 8+ yrs relevant experience
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the business and IT solution managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software architecture and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class architecture team
- Maintain and improve existing application integrations
- Thorough conceptual and hands on knowledge of Software Architecture, Database Design and Development principals.
- Familiarity with metrics and logging, AWS, cloud concept, configuration management
- Knowledge of API first & micro services architecture principals; Experience with API development tools like APIGee is plus
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures as it relates to solution delivery.
- Familiarity with DevOps (e.g. Continuous Integration, Continuous testing and Continuous delivery) concept.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of multiple technology platforms.
- Accountable for ensuring project delivery excellence across the legacy platforms as well as new platforms.
- Works with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process. Participates in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives.
- Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Ensures service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Communicates effectively with IT management, business partners and peers. Takes a ‘no surprises’ approach to communication within technology and with the business.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Displays a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit T-Mobile and its employees. Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Acts as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Acts as a role model and mentor for managers and team members up to the Sr. Manager level.
- Guides technical managers and other technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top