Sr Manager, Software Development
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr. Manager, Development & DevOps
The Senior Manager of Development & DevOps is responsible for software design, development and delivery in support for T-Mobile’s Web and eCommerce platforms.
The Sr. Manager of Development & DevOps works directly with the Director of IT as a key member of the leadership team and serves as the driving force behind the delivery of multiple, concurrent projects that will meet or exceed T-Mobile’s business objectives. The candidate will be responsible to help transform T-Mobile to a continuous integration/DevOps culture. We want you to change the landscape and help us deliver faster, better, cheaper with focus on customers. The candidate will be highly familiar with a broad set of current Web technologies and is expected to lead innovations that will drive increased utilization to service our existing customer base as well as dramatically increase revenue. This candidate is expected to have multi-platform delivery experience including handset and tablet platforms. The candidate will be required to demonstrate strong partnership potential with a broad cross functional organization including Web Leadership, Customer Care as well as Marketing.
The Sr. Manager of Development draws upon deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills, and ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines in order to aid us in our transition toward a more robust, scalable, lean and agile software development organization.
- Strong AWS or cloud services
- DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Technical Expertise with a broad range of Web based technologies, tools and standards across desktop, tablet and handset platforms
- Experience in a Wireless industry is preferred
- Experience with managing a distributed delivery team that may contain an offshore component.
- Working Knowledge of Scripting (Python and shell scripting), configuration integration (Chef, Puppet, Ansible), continuous Integration (Jenkins), and NoSQL database (Cassandra, etc)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to listen and respond objectively
- 5+ yrs management
- 8+ yrs relevant experience
- BS degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- MS or MBA preferred.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough conceptual and hands on knowledge of Architecture, Database Design and Business Intelligence concepts.
- Familiarity with metrics and logging, AWS, cloud concept, configuration management
- Knowledge of Web Services and REST architecture building Web API using XML/JSON; Experience API development tools like APIGee is plus
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures as it relates to development and operations.
- Familiarity with DevOps (e.g. Continuous Integration, Continuous testing and Continuous delivery) concept.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of multiple technology platforms.
- Accountable for ensuring project delivery excellence across the legacy platforms as well as new platforms.
- Works with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process. Participates in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives.
- Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Plans staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Ensures service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Communicates effectively with IT management, business partners and peers. Takes a ‘no surprises’ approach to communication within technology and with the business.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Displays a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit T-Mobile and its employees. Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Acts as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Acts as a role model and mentor for managers and team members up to the Sr. Manager level.
- Guides technical managers and other technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Available to provide 24 × 7 support as required
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top