Sr Manager, Software Development
Builds, develops, and manages a team of developers, who are driving innovation across the organization by building automation capabilities, supporting and driving our API first strategy, and finding opportunities to unlock new technologies to drive the business forward. This individual must have the ability to rapidly deliver world class software solutions to T-Mobile business customers. You will work closely with IT partner teams working on multiple projects with operational reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities for automation and self-service and building capabilities to enable faster development cycles improving time to market
- Drive innovation, looking for opportunities leveraging new technology unlocking opportunities to increase time to value and improve the customer experience
- Builds staffing plans that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
- Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget
- Support and drive API first design methods.
- Own and operate the API platform unlocking opportunities to leverage monetization at the API level.
- Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Designs and leads Business Intelligence technology proof of concepts.
- Works with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- Constantly improves the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the development group.
- Delivers high quality products on time and within budget
- Oversees technical relationships with multiple assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified managers and team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Minimum 7 yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ experience developing new capabilities and innovating.
- Minimum 3 yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for large projects.
- Minimum 10 yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ overall IT experience.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Project Management, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance. Deep experience managing teams of software developers, designers, and working collaboratively with product managers on solution delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of life cycle management processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience.
- Strong skills in coding, troubleshooting, debugging, and relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio development environment preferred.
- BachelorÃ¢â,¬â¢s Degree. Computer Science or in a computer programming related field
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region.
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication method
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top