Sr Manager, Software Development
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr Manager, Software Development
The Sr Manager of Development will manage a tooling team focused on rapidly reducing solution time to market via continuous delivery. Responsible for growing and managing a DevOps team focused on continuous integration/continuous and accountable for delivering critical milestones for a company-wide enterprise delivery pipeline. Build sustainable products using Agile and continuous delivery best practices. The Sr Manager of Development will be well versed in techniques such as continuous delivery to establish faster feedback cycles.
Enterprise Core Competancies
Sense of ownership and execution mind-set. Deliver high quality solutions on time and within budget. Customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 5-8 years of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for large projects.
- Overall IT experience 10-15 years.
- Well versed in CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, continuous integration/continuous delivery concepts
- Deep understanding in GIT code versioning system and methodologies (re-base, merge, branching, checkout, pull requests etc).
- Well-versed with continuous integration applications (e.g., Jenkins) and build automation tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Infrastructure knowledge surrounding typical production applications, VMs, containers, Operating Systems, SSL termination, SSO systems, load balancers, web, app tiers and databases.
- Well versed in CI/CD methodology and employs and evangelizes continuous delivery best practices.
- Experience managing true DevOps teams following agile best practices around sprint based development, MVP, retrospectives.
- Excellent soft skills around communications, empathy, cross-functional collaboration and seeking a win-win partnership with all stakeholders.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: SW Development Management, Release and Change Management, Configuration Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design, and Agile SW Development principles.
- Prior SW development skills is a must. Must have developed code in prior role. Minimum 5 years experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance.
- Strong execution communication skills and ability to thrive in delivering critical, high-visibility initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
- Ability to read and understand code, oversee quality of software and team coaching around the same
Minimum Required – B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. MBA/Masters is a plus.
- Leadand mentora team of high performance software developers towards a common mission
- Responsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUALITY products on time and within budget.
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE qualified managers and developers, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting project teams with contract staff when required.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – Effectively lead teams providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
- RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT- Work with managers and developers to build training and career development plans and work to ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to management and development staff.
- BUDGET – Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- Constantly improve the DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the development group
- Accountable for the quality of the solution. Join outage bridges and drive issues to resolution.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top