Sr. Manager, RF Engineering - Alternative Coverage Solutions
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr. Manager, RF Engineering Alternative Coverage Solutions Design
Reporting to the Director, RF Engineering Alternative Coverage Solutions (ACS), the Sr. Manager, RF Engineering ACS will be responsible for the oversight, strategy, design, deployment, optimization and acceptance of distributed antenna systems (“DAS”) and small cell projects for T-Mobile’s venue coverage program for the Northeast Engineering Region. The successful candidate will lead a team of ACS RF Engineers distributed throughout Market offices of the Northeast region, focused on the design, deployment and optimization of strategic venues in the region. The Senior Manager RF Engineering ACS will collaborate with Market and Region Engineering leadership to develop design, integration, and optimization strategies to deliver key venues that create market-leading customer experiences efficiently and effectively. The Senior Manager RF Engineering ACS will coordinate and report status of all venue designs and integrations to ensure standards are achieved and necessary approvals are obtained. This role will interface with National, Regional, and Market Engineering teams, Sales, third party venue providers, OEMs, and Development teams.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
- At least 7 years wireless telecommunications and RF engineering experience, ideally with UMTS and LTE technologies
- At least 7 years experience in a technical manager role with direct reports
- At least 4 years of indoor wireless systems engineering experience
- Solid understanding of current and emerging wireless technologies
- Understanding of RF propagation and tools, preferably iBwave
- Demonstrated experience setting organizational goals and team objectives; ability to effectively set functional team’s goals and delegate and monitor progress towards desired results
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence; ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally
- Solid communication skills and strong executive presence
- At least 5 years experience working as a consultant and/or in a business development role
- Experience working on wireless solutions in high density environments such as Stadiums and Arenas
- Knowledge and experience with DAS vendors: CommScope, TE Connectivity, Corning Mobile Access, SOLiD
- Knowledge and experience with Small Cell vendors: Ericsson, Nokia, SpiderCloud
- Experience working with major third party DAS providers: American Tower, Crown Castle, Mobilitie, ExteNet, Boingo, AT&T
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering; focus on RF Communications and cellular technologies preferred
- Masters Degree in Engineering
License or Certification
- iBwave Certified, preferred
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Essential Functions
- Owns Venue Design, Integration, and Optimization for all venues in the region. This includes neutral host design assessments, new DAS and small cell design development, venue integration and optimization tasks, close collaboration with stakeholders, tracking, and reporting.
- Leads a team through short-term and long-term project goals. Sets and meets project milestones and deadlines to meet SLAs. Leverages team resources to deliver innovative, effective technology solutions for internal customers. Interfaces and interacts with cross-functional teams to collaborate on task resolution.
- Travels to Market offices to foster collaboration, train and develop Engineers, inspect venue designs and deployments, and ensure alignment between ACS RF Engineering and Market leadership.
- Understands and communicates the functional group’s vision and creates alignment of the area to that vision. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources, and other operating issues. Promotes adherence to Engineering Best Practices.
- Engages with National Engineering product team to drive roadmap and standards development, support product FOAs, and provide feedback on product performance and standards.
- Leadership, Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal-setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within the workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity, and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for ongoing peer development.
- Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning: Determines headcount requirements. Identifies, evaluates, and selects internal and external talent.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation. Manages resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents business cases and feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and allocate resources.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top