Sr Manager, Reporting & Analytics for Cash Applications
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Manager, Reporting & Analytics for Cash Applications
The Sr Manager, Reporting and Analytics leads a team of driven and intelligent analytics and reporting analysts, with direct accountability for providing financial, regulatory and operational reporting solutions. This role will deliver reporting and data-driven solutions that can provide leadership insights and guidance around programs, operations and other enterprise wide initiatives. The Sr. Manager seeks to gather customer insights, mine new data, understand trends, operational drivers and present findings to help course correct and drive the business forward.
This role requires strong leadership and management skills, advanced understanding of analytic best practices and models, strong understanding of a database structure and design as well as a complete appreciation of the relationship between front-end, back-end and reporting systems.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management (coaching, development, and work design), results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 7-10 years relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years' experience managing direct reports
- Strong grasp of operational / financial drivers, experience in managing/reporting on return on investment objectives including NPV, IRR, and Value at Risk.
- Ability to articulate and partner to develop impact assessments, forecasts, financial models, scenario analysis and budgets required for the business
- Comfortable with extracting and manipulating large datasets with SQL, SAS
- Ability to develop and present compelling business cases to stakeholders
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, SAS, Business Objects, R
- Deep experience in communicating via Microsoft PowerPoint
- Relevant experience preferred in one or more of the following (or related) categories: telecommunications, consumer electronics, and/or reverse logistics, payments industry a ++
- Possess the ability to quickly synthesize data requirements and provide exceptional results with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts and analyses in a clear and concise manner to all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities
- Be driven by curiosity and passionate about data
- Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Experience with an enterprise class BI tools like Micro Strategy, Business Objects and Tableau
Bachelors Degree. Quantitative discipline, preferably Industrial Engineering, Statistics or Math
Masters Degree: Operational Research, Economics/Math, or quantitatively focused MBA
- Work with leadership teams across enterprise including Marketing, Finance and Accounting, Payments, Treasury and Customers Service (CARE) to provide key reporting solutions that drive enterprise wide results. Seek out opportunities and engage teams to fulfill goals and objectives.
- Monitor and interpret regular report results to identify opportunities, leading indicator of risks and advise leadership team of those risks and opportunities. Identify opportunities to influence and drive results.
- Be experienced with BI tools to enable data architecture and solutions that are best meeting analytics and reporting needs. Lead effort to build consolidated DB's where necessary.
- Frame new reporting solutions (and coach the team to develop) including key metrics to be reflected in the most consumable layout for all levels of the organization. Develop self-service analytical solutions.
- Lead the development of key performance indicators and benchmarks across channels, markets, business units; develop process for measurement and reporting; communicate actionable results to leadership via dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Provide necessary reporting requirements in support of new key business projects and initiatives.
- Lead and develop analytics team (including Sr. Database Developer) that delivers timely and high-quality analyses that provides insights and recommended actions to drive program scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. Ensure results are comprehensive and address full view of T-Mobil metrics to drive cross enterprise recommendations that improve customer experiences.
- Be able and willing to jump in and execute on reporting/analysis objectives in a constantly changing and cross-functional environment
- Work with regional strategy managers to understand the business requirements and implementing solutions to support standardized analytical and reporting needs.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top