Sr Manager, Quality Assurance (Atlanta,GA/Bothell,WA/Frisco,TX)
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Manager, Quality Assurance (QA)
The Senior Manager, QAis a technical management position that provides leadership and direction to professional staff.This position will be responsible for leading a large QA team that is responsible for testing a number of critical applications in a highly dynamic environment. The manager will also be responsible for leading test automation in support of their portfolio, creating/aligning test portfolio roadmap with overall strategy, and working with the vendors.
This position will work in collaboration with Development, Product Management, Architecture and Senior Leadership team. The candidate will be required to demonstrate strong partnership potential with internal customer organizations such as Web Leadership, Customer Care and Marketing.The Sr. Manager of QA works directly under guidance of Director of IT as a key member of the leadership team. This position serves as the driving force behind the test delivery of multiple, concurrent projects that will meet or exceed T-Mobile’s business objectives. The candidate will be highly familiar with a broad set of current Digital technologies and is expected to lead test innovations that will drive optimal quality for our products and utmost satisfaction for our existing customer base, thus dramatically increasing revenue. This candidate is expected to have multi-platform test delivery experience including web, mobile, handset and client/server platforms.
The Sr. Manager of QA draws upon deep technical knowledge, years of software testing experience, proven leadership skills and ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines in order to aid us in our transition toward a more robust, scalable, lean and agile software development organization.
- Minimal overall IT experience of 12+ years
- 8+ years QA management experience including managing people and large teams (including vendors and employees).
- 3 + years of experience creating and presenting technical and financial business cases to senior management.
- Minimum of 4 years in test management of digital platforms and products
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding E2E and component level testing.
- Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment; ability to form a team within a virtual work environment
- Experience working with on/off-shore teams to produce quality and timely results
- Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of different levels of management and individual contributors.
- Experience with some or all of the following tools and practices: Web services and micro services, Quality Center, Automation Frameworks, Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipelines using tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Performance Center, Quality Center, Jenkins, Puppet, Security Testing Tools, Service Virtualization and Cloud Implementation.
- Experience in a Wireless industry is preferred
- Technical Expertise with a broad range of Web based technologies, tools and standards across desktop, web, mobile and handset.
- Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Human Performance, Organizational Effectiveness, Project Leadership, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Experience with managing a distributed delivery team that may contain an offshore component.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Helps forecast and maintain budget. Help in creating purchase orders and reconciling invoices
Education -Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Management, Leadership Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Understands and communicates the functional group’s vision and creates alignment of their area to that vision. Recognizes test needs and identifies/creates opportunities within workgroup. Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates. Contributes to succession, diversity and talent pool planning. Displays a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen. Acts as a role model and mentor for managers and team members up to Sr. Manager Position. Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate. Bring thought leadership and negotiate with reason, logic and objectivity. Delegates tasks and continuously strives to raise the bar to higher standards of performance.
- Organization/Vendor Management: Engages with vendors to develop collaborative partnerships and drive execution excellence. Holds vendors accountable for deliverables and their SLAs. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding obstacles, resources and other operating issues. Drive vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile quality managements are adequately met and close any test gaps. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor supplied SW/HW and contracting services in the best interest of T-Mobile.
- Operational Excellence: This position is accountable for test planning, execution, reporting and delivery of multiple technology platforms. It is also accountable for ensuring that Automation is done as part of test delivery rather than an afterthought. This includes meeting test automation targets and sustaining test automation practice and execution on daily basis. This position will ensure that test project delivery excellence is applied across the legacy platforms as well as new platforms. Works with business and IT leadership to prioritize tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction. Plans staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support. Communicates effectively with IT management, business partners and peers. Takes a ‘no surprises’ approach to communication within technology and with the business.
- Adherence to Test Engineering Best Practices: Ensures that Test Engineering plans for new major releases and key features are properly approved and executed within standards. Works with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process. Displays a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit T-Mobile and its employees. Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices and provides thought leadership on technical trends such as continuous testing, agile development and extreme programming. Guides managers and other technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top