Sr Manager, Planning Operations
- Bellevue, WA
This Sr. Manager for Operational forecasting supports a team of technical individual contributors with responsibility for creating, improving, and distributing operational sales and supply forecasts on a weekly basis. Domains currently supported by this team include sales forecasts for all connected devices sold through T-Mobile post-paid channels, forecasts of demand from warranty and insurance programs, forecasts for volumes and types of used devices returning through the reverse logistics ecosystem, and forecasts of demands placed on distribution centers. The operational sales forecasts developed and published by this team support the procurement and distribution of more than $10B of product on an annual basis. This role will help to guide the design and implementation of improvements to the current library of forecasting algorithms and techniques with the objective of improving the efficiency of the forecasting process and improving the accuracy of the forecasting process. The current platform for generating and publishing forecasts is SAS.
- Manage, mentor, and lead a team of technical ICs responsible for the creation and distribution of sales and reverse logistics forecasts
- Create, update and distribute device sales forecasts for all channels of distribution, inclusive of brick and mortar retail, on a weekly cadence
- Create, update and distribute of reverse logistics forecasts on a bi-weekly basis
- Manage the operationalization and evolution of new forecasting techniques to supplement and improve the existing forecasting processes.
- Act as a SME to provide guidance and requirements to IT teams supporting and deploying supply chain planning applications
- Review, diagnose and improve operational sales forecasts
- Translation of proposed promotional activities and schemes into anticipated impacts on sales volumes for both individual products as well as across a portfolio of products
- Communicate sales forecast assumptions and conclusions to internal partners inclusive of senior supply chain and marketing leadership, product management teams, procurement teams, fulfillment teams, forward logistics operations, marketing, and teams supporting front line sales.
- Communicate sales forecast assumptions with OEM partners
- Communicate reverse logistics forecasts with partners in reverse logistics planning and operations.
- 2-4 years experience developing and publishing statistically based sales forecasts ideally in multichannel consumer facing distribution environments inclusive of brick and mortar retail distribution
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical and mathematical computing environments such as SAS, R, and/or Python
- Demonstrated ability to leverage SQL to marshal and structure input data for forecasting and other statistical analysis
- Ability to measure and review forecast accuracy and diagnose root causes for error
- Prior experience managing and mentoring individual contributors with technical, analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently communicate results both at an executive and at a working level.
- Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience in the consumer wireless industry
- M.S. or higher qualification in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or analogous technical discipline
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Back to top