Sr Manager, Performance and Reliability Engineering
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Sr Manager,Performance and Reliability Engineering
The Sr Manager, Performance and Reliability Engineer is responsible for Reliability and Performance Engineering of T-Mobile core business capabilities. This includes support of application performance management activities such as capacity planning, simulation modeling, instrumentation and monitoring of systems for optimal response times and user experience.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. The candidate should be a thought leader in the industry that can move organization’s digital assets to always scale and available’ model. The candidate must be passionate about software performance tuning and making systems resilient and scalable. The candidate must have strong system performance engineering experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing people and performance teams
- At least 4years of experience in core java stack technologies, database performance tuning and solvingperformance issues
- At least 4 years of Java/J2EE development experience building services
- At least 4 years of experience in SOAP Web Services
- At least 4 years in APM tools such as Wily, App Dynamics, BAC
- At least 2 years in log analysis tools such as Splunk
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-vendor environments
- Thorough knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Having worked in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in cloud environments and remediating performance issues on public cloud environments.
- Java/J2EE and web services development experience with a strong and proven passion for software performance tuning.
- Experience analyzing, profiling and tuning Java source code, database queries, web/application servers and infrastructurewith the aim of making systems more resilient and scalable.
- Passion for automation and federation of fully automated performance tools to delivery teams for data gathering for analysis.
- Solid understanding of system architecture and design principles.
- Solid understanding of system instrumentations and monitoring.
- Experience building or using open source tools for automated log analysis, monitoring web, app and DB layers.
- Experience in proactive performance engineering as well as reactive performance remediation activities in production.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and networking.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Knowledge of performance testing tool (Jmeter, Performance Center Grinder or similar)/
- Solid understanding of micro services architecture and design.
- Solid understanding of capacity planning exercise and tools (CA capacity manager or other)
Minimum Education required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related degree.
- Work with multiple vendor teams to ensure the delivery meets timelines and Quality
- Establish relationships with the business to support their needs, including the walkthrough on testing strategy, detailed test cases, etc.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all system reliability and performance delivery activities for various stakeholders (PMO, DEV, Engineering, etc.)
- Ensure all necessary documentation is created
- Manage post-production issues
- Work closely with Development, PMO and IT Operations teams to ensure the handoff mechanisms are defined well
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development.
- Contributes to building insightful vision for company.
- Facilitates change and manages conflict
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Senior Communications Manager
Janice manages research and communications for T-Mobile’s Enterprise IT Division, produces videos for the internal website, and oversees the technology intern program.
Back to top