Sr Manager, Finance Product Management
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Finance Product Management team drives improvements to the Finance functions by working closely with stakeholders and technology teams. Our vision is to ensure Finance teams are supported by technology platforms that are understood, owned, and maintained by IT partners, who advocate for and implement solutions that enable financial excellence. This team is critical to supporting our organizational goals of Provide accurate, sustainable, and flexible financial support that enables T-Mobile's growth and expansion into new areas.
The candidate will need to have a wide variety of skills and strong communication in order to support staff and contribute individually in the following two areas:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify problems or opportunities, develop clear business cases, and advocate for their technology needs
- Document and represent business in other enterprise projects. Supporting both waterfall and agile methodologies to communicate business requirements and engage in the technology SDLC to deliver the solution.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly integrate and develop a clear understanding of the business teams they represent, be self-motivated and resourceful, and have strong creative problem solving skills. Must be a doer not a delegator with strength as an Individual Contributor a MUST as we build out the program and hire additional product managers/analysts. This role will report to the Director, Back Office Solution Management
- Bachelor of Arts / Science degree. Masters in Business preferred
- 10 years relevant leadership experience in roles that provided centralized services for organizations, project execution (PM, BSA, PgM teams), or technology
- A high degree of creativity and innovation, with proven examples of applying knowledge, experience, and judgment to ambiguous problems.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills; must be very comfortable with data
- Must have experience creating ROI analyses to inform project prioritization
- Be detail-oriented and believe that details matter greatly to the success of the solution.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching for individual professional development.
- Recruit and hire personnel with appropriate skill sets that can work effectively in the T-Mobile environment.
- Create and monitor Career Development plans, including training for all direct reports
- Drive for standardized and repeatable processes/deliverables
- Support team in the transition to Agile by defining new role/deliverable expectations, training and guiding team members to function as product managers/owners
- Manages and validates the quality of deliverables produced by the team.
- Serve as escalation point for high impact project issues and risks
- Ensure vision, guidance, support and recommendations to business leaders and teams is clear and translates business goals into technology support needs
- Executive presence and ability to communicate complex issues to non-finance team counterparts
- Ability to produce presentations
- Develop Vision, Strategy, and Innovative Roadmap to support improvements to the platforms that support the back office teams:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business needs as well as industry best practices
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and current state
- Manage the intake process and backlog that records opportunities, benefits, priority
- Work with business stakeholders to build business cases to obtain funding for projects
- Act as the business owner for prioritized projects
- Collecting stakeholder requirements and communicating needs to technology counterparts
- Developing materials such as process flows, requirements, and other materials to ensure the success of your program objectives.
- Represent stakeholders in project trade-off decisions
- Establish project success metrics and report on performance
- Drive Execution of Technology Delivery
- Build relationships with Technology counterparts
- Provide sound direction for technology solutions and make appropriate recommendations
- Escalate Issues and Risks to project teams and leadership and support project and technology partners with issue resolution
- Drive the Expansion of Technology support for our underserved departments
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top