Sr Manager, Enterprise Risk
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for developing, deploying, documenting and managing scalable and sustainable enterprise risk management programs, including programs that enable T-Mobile to understand, manage and disclose to investors those risks that can have a material effect on a company's financial condition and results of operations. The Enterprise Risk Management job family works with all levels of the enterprise, including the Board of Directors, Board Committees, Officers & Executives and a broad range of business units across the enterprise. The Enterprise Risk Management team works closely with other governance functions, including those housed within Legal, Information Security, Technology and Finance in order to determine options and impacts associated with various potential courses of action.
- Bachelors Degree. Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Strong background both educationally and via professional experience. 9+ years of professional experience in a large corporate environment in operations, finance, legal, audit or risk management. 5+ years leading cross-functional initiatives, projects, and/or programs. 3 years or more of ERM-specific or Internal Audit experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to develop teams and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with staff members, colleagues, and executives. No less than five years hiring, managing, and developing employees.
- Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of information across many disciplines and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Provide structure and process around topics that have not been normalized.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas, and integrate and assimilate information of various levels of complexity and relationships across broad, multifunctional content areas. Ability to absorb and analyze business processes throughout the company and consider interaction/dependencies among processes.
- Proven abiity to manage multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with only periodic supervision.
- Leads with confidence while negotiating tough political situations. Networks effectively and is comfortable dealing with senior management. Recognized ability to influence others, regardless of perception of authority.
- Master T-Mobile culture and organization; create effective strategies for getting the most complex, interdependent projects or programs done across organizational units. Partners effectively up, down, and sideways to execute.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Risk management and/or project management certifications desired.
- Other professional certifications a plus.
- Lead and coach a group of professionals with diverse specializations and enterprise-level responsibilities and visibility. Serve as an escalation point of contact, leveraging working knowledge of areas of specialization and methods. Successfully lead team members to high productivity and effectiveness levels by providing clear vision, strategic direction and supporting their career development.
- Lead, maintain and optimize T-Mobile Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) programs, including the company's ERM reporting to the Board, Board Committees, Officers and Directors as well as disclosure of Risk Factors as a publicly-traded company. Lead, operate and continuously optimize risk programs and dynamic processes for managing key risks that can affect shareholder value, including those that may not have been developed (green-fielding).
- Consult and collaborate with executive leadership and management in multiple business functions, as well as various subject matter experts on areas such as governance functions, enterprise-scale risks, opportunities, uncertainties, potential responses, appropriate risk management objectives, activities, documentation and remediation approaches.
- Facilitate and guide the creation and review of enterprise risk treatment plans and reporting (i.e. characterize and communicate) taking into account a broad range of risk management solutions that could include strategic, operational, organizational, capital structure and risk market solutions. Present and provide well-reasoned analysis, briefing (both verbal and written) and presentations to support ERM. Provide guidance and coaching to junior level staff members.
- Participate and partner in the strategic development of the ERM framework, policies, programs and related operational sub-sets. Consult for operational segments in developing organizationally-specific risk programs and oversee enterprise risk assessments. Consult for operational segments in developing organizationally-specific risk programs.
- Actively participate in industry groups, developing and providing thought leadership in ERM, corporate governance, and areas of specialization.
- Prioritize protocols for improved enterprise risk assessments, decision-making, documentation and reporting. Accurately and effectively evaluate complex trade-offs and make decisions and/or recommendations how to proceed, and clearly articulate the costs of action and inaction to the enterprise;
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top