Sr Manager, Engineering RFDeployment
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Sr Manager, Engineering RFDeploymentQualifications
- Understanding of LTE Advanced features and applications supporting capacity needs and requirements of market
- Ability to develop and implement LTE Layer Management Strategy within complex spectrum portfolio
- Ability to direct resources according to established policies and management guidelines; ability to lead and conduct planning/resource management.
- Solid understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) Planning Tools and the Site Design Process including mapping tools, drive test data, Asset, TEMS, Actix
- Strong GSM/UMTS Base Station Subsystem/Optimization knowledge.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional team members to gain the support required to accomplish team goals/tasks.
- Uses discretion during assessment of area goals and objectives; required to properly assess magnitude of issues, resource requirements, etc.
- Considers team diversity during coaching, work assignments, etc.
- Ability to determine proper information to provide to market RF staff. Ability to delegate, motivate people, problem-solve, troubleshoot, manage time, exercise authority, resolve conflicts.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask.
- Ability to plan schedules and prioritize workload.
- 3 years management experience and previous experience training others.
- 8-12 years wireless industry experience
- Ability to create strategies and implement tactics in order to successfully achieve goals; ability to plan ahead to determine the needs of the team for achieving targets.
- RF Theory, antenna design and pattern, link balance, quality, capacity, traffic, hand-overs.
- Ability to solve problems using available tools; understand escalation procedures and use resources to resolve issues.
- Understanding of location based services.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent Technical degree
- In lieu of BS/BA degree equivalent experience in wireless industry may be considered.
- Graduate degree preferred
License or Certification
A clean driving record is required.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires squatting, crawling, kneeling. This p
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforceEssential Functions
- Has overall responsibility for the design, optimization, and performance of the network and ensures consistency within the department. Works with subordinates to maximize capacity and coverage while minimizing cost. Organizes team for efficient execution against goals and objectives. Manages the relationship between the market, Region, and Head Quarters teams insuring common understanding and alignment of time-critical deliverables.
- Manages staffing of unit or department, including interviewing and selection. Manages all levels of RF Engineers including contract, vendor and OEM resources. Uses the regional supplied goals to help set annual and quarterly goals for team to achieve market and regional KPI targets. Establishes operational assignments and work assignments for direct reports. Consistent employee development to achieve personal and professional growth. Performs on-going performance reviews and provides useful feedback.
- Interfaces with Sales and Customer care team providing in-person informative high-level presentations and ongoing network based updates. Provides support and technical assistance as necessary so the Sales and Care teams can best service our customers. Works with Sales on large scale prospects, specific customer investigations, and provides all necessary support to add customers. Coordinates coverage plans with sales leadership to best align investment with opportunity.
- Leads efforts to deliver tactical solutions for capacity and coverage in support of special events
- Supports Area Director with financial forecasting and self-manages departmental budget, Purchase Order management.
- Works with federal, state and local jurisdictions to insure regulatory and zoning compliance.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top