Sr Manager, Engineering Critical Facilities Planning
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comSr Manager, System Design Strategy
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching
over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the
breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one
thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
The Sr. Manager National Facilities Engineering & Implementation provides leadership and direction to
Engineering Systems teams responsible for T-Mobile's network systems design, deployment, evolution, and strategy. Executes operational plans that ensure that business objectives and planned activities/projects are achieved. Collaborates with upper management in setting strategic direction for their functional area. Manages activities of individual contributors. The Facilities Engineering group is responsible for the design, maintenance, and construction of the physical plant at T-Mobile's MSO's. The physical plant is comprised of the building itself and its various mechanical and electrical subsystems. The primary role of a Facilities Implementation group is to manage the physical plant of each MSO location including network space, power, environmental, and infrastructure assignments to ensure the capabilities of the physical plant are not exceeded.
LEADERSHIP - ARE YOU A LEADER COACH?
As a Leader you are focused on strategy and planning while developing and guiding your team. You
demonstrate and showcase your leadership abilities by:
SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team
objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient,
MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and
DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks
and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold
development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and
make tough decisions when appropriate.Qualifications
- 5+ years direct report management experience of 5+ direct reports
- 10+ years related industry experience
- 2+ years wireless industry experience
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies, both present and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of electrical systems, including AC power distribution, generators, UPS systems, DC
power plant, and grounding
- Solid understanding of HVAC systems
- Solid understanding of standard Telecommunications practice for DC power plant and infrastructure
systems (e.g. cabling, ladder rack, fiber trough)
- Experience setting organizational goals and team objectives; ability to effectively set functional team's
goals and delegate and monitor progress towards desired results
- Working knowledge of managerial accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to build coalitions, always act with tact & integrity, and interface with a variety of individuals in a positive and productive manner.
- Must be a self-motivator who takes ownership and pride in responsible areas and looks for solutions, not excuses.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have in depth experience managing teams managing complex systems.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with an ability to lead and motivate a staff in a growing, flexible
environment, utilizing diversity in approach and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree is required - prefer ME, EE or Telecommunications
- Master's degree is preferred
This position requires 35% travel.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Leadership, Development, and Coaching: Leverages goal-setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, and
performance evaluation to support performance and behavior objectives for direct and indirect reports in the function. Recognizes development needs and identifies/creates development opportunities within the workgroup. Contributes to succession, diversity, and talent pool planning. Creates an environment for
ongoing peer development.
- Project Management: Leads a team through short-term and long-term project goals. Sets and meets
project milestones and deadlines. Leverages team resources to deliver innovative, effective technology
solutions for internal customers. Interfaces and interacts with cross-functional teams to collaborate on task resolution. Manages activities of individual contributors.
- Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning: Determines headcount requirements. Identifies, evaluates, and selects internal and external talent.
- Design and Architecture Approval: Makes final approval on facility design documents as required for new system(s) and feature(s) deployment. Allocates and leverages resources to implement innovative ideas, processes, projects, and services across function.
- Financial/Fiscal Responsibility: Contributes to budget development and implementation. Manages
resources to ensure final financial objectives are met within own area. Prepares and presents cases and
feasibility analysis to directors and senior leadership team to gain approval of capital expenditures and
allocate resources. Processes and tracks POs and receivables against quarterly/yearly forecast.
- Vendor Management: Drives vendor Roadmap to ensure T-Mobile requirements are adequately met and close any development gaps. Establishes and promotes standards for technology solutions for vendor
adherence. Obtains quotes and negotiates purchase for vendor-supplied SW/HW and system features per T-Mobile requirements.
- Communicates strategic vision to the team that can be translated into individual team tasks.
- Leads in developing business process that creates solutions for designing and deploying infrastructure
that enhances our business process and delivers value to the company.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to all T-Mobile policies and procedures including MSO facilities
- Develop operational plans to align with business objectives within own area and function.
- Develop relationships with key internal/external clients to identify emerging needs.
- Anticipates and proactively addresses potential problems within the workgroup or across divisions.
- Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area.
- Works with cross-functional teams to support a collaborative working relationship.
- LI-TECH-AS1T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top