Sr Manager, EIT Economics
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Sr. Manager, IT Economics will lead a small but highly influential team within EIT that provides analytical and financial/economic insights and reporting to Senior Leadership with the specific aim to reduce costs and maximize value on $1.6B of annual EIT spend. This individual will apply insights from technology trends, annual financial goals and business needs to oversee analysis utilizing a wide range of frameworks including (but not limited to) ROI, scenario analysis, portfolio optimization, operational efficiency and efficient growth projections across IT Business UnitsThe ideal candidate would have the qualifications listed below:
- Demonstrated excellent ability to frame unstructured and complex analytical problems
- Track record of personal initiative and ability to drive change
- Excellent communication skills: ability to present analytical results to executives in verbal and written form
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision complemented by a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work without sacrificing quality or strategic perspective
- Keen interest in developing business acumen, strategic skills, and in-depth knowledge of the communications industry
- Strong technical background in IT or similar field; ability to understand the details and emerging trends within telecom, enterprise and mobile IT technologies
- 5+ years of experience leading teams in IT or similar fields completing analysis using different frameworks: ROI, scenario analysis, portfolio optimization, operational efficiency and growth projections
- Financial modeling, statistical analysis and experience consolidating financial information driving process improvement
- Holistic strategic thinking capability via an MBA or equivalent degree with a focus on finance/economics
- Strong track record of leading large, cross-functional teams in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Individuals with prior experience as management consultants, Financial Analysts, Economists highly preferred
- Visionary leadership drives adoption of innovative approaches, focused on generating and implementing new possibilities to improve performance
- Strong Collaborator builds relationships of influence quickly and effectively, partners with peers and markets to create alignment and speed to implement
- Creates a vision for team and coaches them to excellence and to delivering with quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation, and strategic perspective
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonally and systemically, clearly articulating the direction and vision of organization
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries
- High level of emotional intelligence with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment
- Celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better
- Lead, coach and challenge the team of IT Economics professionals to maximize their strengths and provide them opportunities for skill and career advancement.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning amongst the economics team.
- In partnership with FP&A, IT leadership & Procurement teams, proactively identify opportunities to drive projects focused on cost reduction, operational efficiency and long term strategies through development and proper use of economic/financial models. Generate reports on appropriate metrics in a timely manner weekly/monthly/quarterly to guide decision making for senior leadership team within IT.
- Utilize above framework to monitor, refine/approve current & future projects
- Develop and champion criteria to adopt new technologies and vendors
- Partner with continuous improvement team to identify and prioritize cost savings and efficiency projects to drive to a lower IT TCO. This will include process improvement and better IT asset utilization.
- Discovery of new high impact domains for T-Mobile with capability to perform Value chain analysis, Program concept and setup, Business case, Communication plan and Stakeholder engagement.
- Utilize analytical capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options.
- Provide analytical support to the IT Leadership team by structuring analytical problems, extracting and analyzing data, and presenting findings.
- Synthesize recommendations and understand their impact on the business.
- Construct executive level presentations and present complex analytical findings in clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner.
- Work with IT Business Owners to build buy-in and drive performance improvement.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top