Sr Manager, Data Architect
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Position Purpose
This position is responsible for driving data architecture strategy, practices and principles in support of current and next generation builds within the BI, Data Warehousing, and Information Management areas. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and structuring that data to drive ease of use and business value. They will have experience in working with both structured and semi-structured data and relational and non-relational environments. They will have the opportunity to influence solutions for business functions across T-Mobile including Marketing, Digital, Finance, Supply Chain and Sales/Care. Position Requirements:
Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Project Management, Product Management Change Management, Release Management, Business Analysis, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Minimum of 8+ years hands-on experience in progressive roles requiring excellent technical skills, with proven ability to frame unstructured and complex technical problems in a major subscriber-based business. Specific experience in: Data warehousing implementation (Requirements, data modeling, ETL) Translation of data into actionable and meaningful information
- Expert knowledge with: Using two of these specific RDBMS platforms: SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle. ETL tools to build repeatable ETL processes (ex. Sql Server SSIS/DTS, Informatica PowerCenter, Teradata BTEQ/TPT) Ability to create/interpret ERD’s, data flow models, and other technical documents. Database modeling skills including hands on familiarity with 3NF, star schema, and multi-dimensional designs. 2+ years performance tuning strategies 2+ years with Massively Parallel Processing systems (MPP) 1+ year operational/application support role Competency using at least two source code management systems such as Starteam, CVS, VSS More than one procedural or command-line interface language, such as: Perl, Unix/Ksh, C, VB, Java, .Net (VB.NET, C#, Windows PowerShell) Unix and Windows/NT operating systems
- Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding business requirements and solution enhancement.
- Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
LEADER COACH COMPETENCIES
SETS PERFORMANCE DIRECTION
Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
Creates a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
Broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Lets direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPS AND COACHES OTHERS
Has awareness of each person’s career goals; holds development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDS PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE
Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively and makes tough decisions when appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree IT or Engineering related field
- Preferred MBA
- Lead a team of roughly 10 employee managers and individual contributors and associated contractors
- Perform lead role on data design strategy and implementation, ensuring cohesive and comprehensive coverage for all the brands of the enterprise
- Contribute to vision for integrating relevant information such as customer data, supply chain data, network data and financial data
- Document or communicate vision with sufficient level of specificity so that work can be divided and conquered by members of the technical team. Plan incremental steps towards that vision
- Manage data design & ETL complexity, in order to ensure robustness and versatility of solution
- Lead a team focused on architecting flexible, scalable BI and IM solutions and collaborating with partner organizations to ensure development, implementation and delivery to the end business customer
- Build relationships with business areas and partner IT delivery teams to understand and deliver on key roadmap initiatives
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top