Sr Manager, Credit Risk Mgmt - Model Management & Data Science
- Bellevue, WA
Credit Risk organization at T-Mobile is not your typical Financial Services Credit Risk team - it is the team that disrupts and innovates in Credit Risk strategies in support of the UNCARRIER mission!!!
We are looking for an individual with a superior blend of Business, Data Science background, Credit Risk modeling skills, advanced presentation skills, solid Credit Risk experience and People skills. You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management leadership team, Consumer and T-Mobile for Business [TfB] Credit Strategy and Collections Strategy teams to develop/maintain Credit Risk models and solve complex customer behavior and advanced analytical problems.
You will also be hiring & leading a team of credit risk analysts (modelers/data science professionals) with broad people management responsibilities focused on talent development and retention. You will be expected to be a hands-on leader and develop talent in your team through leadership-by-example and coaching.
You and your team will own and be responsible for developing & maintaining Credit Risk models to support Prospects & Originations across Consumer and TfB segments. You will partner with other functional teams in T-Mobile for deployment, tracking of Credit Risk models and providing read outs to leadership based on model performance insights & analytics.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from data using data science/statistical/analytical concepts, and then be able to take it up a notch by clearly and concisely communicating actionable recommendations to leadership. You will be expected to represent Credit Risk Management team in the role of a credit data, credit risk modeling and data science/machine learning expert.
- Hiring & leading a growing team of Credit Risk Analysts (modelers/data science professionals), while building a strong culture around results and values with a focus on talent development and retention
- Develop a deep understanding of industry, corporate, and customer drivers to leverage in optimization of all aspects of our decision strategy and business processes across the credit lifecycle
- Develop, maintain & monitor Credit Risk models including but not limited to Response models, Originations, Fraud and CLV optimization while understanding the impact to losses and profitability.
- Perform a leading role on model development, governance, working closely with team and corporate stakeholders to understand key business issues
- Lead the team to solve complex customer behavior problems using data science/machine learning/NLP approaches
- 7+ years of Quantitative Analytics experience
- 4+ years of Credit risk model development experience
- 3+ year of experience managing teams of quantitative analysts
- Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree required. Master's Degree or PhD in Analytics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degreeâ€
- Solid hands-on experience in SAS or other statistical/analytical model building/programming languages
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in SQL, Python, R or other machine learning software a plus
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication, organization, presentation and data visualization skills
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Strong financial service, credit risk modeling experience
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top